The iCloud Unlock issue was always the biggest problem among Apple Community.
Many people are struggling with their iCloud Locked iPhones and desperately trying to find iCloud Unlock services, tools, tips, YouTube Videos to iCloud Unlock Free Online any iPhone and “magic” software that can deactivate Find My iPhone feature.
For those that are seeking to Unlock iCloud Activation Lock for their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (or even an Apple Watch too!) there is good news!
Updated on 14 Dec 2018.
UltraSnow gathered every possible iCloud Unlock Solution and we will show you how to deal with your iCloud Locked iPhone once and for all.
I bought an iCloud Locked iPhone. Now what?
Online markets like Amazon, eBay and Graigslist are flourished with iCloud Locked iPhones and unfortunately, you won’t even understand that you are getting one before it is too late.
When the iCloud Activation is ON, it locks you out of the iOS and it will ask you to enter the Apple ID and password of the original owner’s iCloud account.
On an iPhone with the iCloud Activation Lock enabled, all you can do is power ON / OFF the iPhone.
That’s really all you can do with an iCloud locked iPhone. Purchasing an iPhone with an active Apple ID linked to an iCloud account will not even allow you to go to your iPhone’s Home Screen.
The reason behind the creation of the iCloud Lock is not only to have a personalized iPhone (Fully linked to its owner) but also to discourage/prevent people from trying to steal your iPhone.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t stop the thief from selling an iPhone and this is why you found yourself in this position.
So, let’s start by taking a closer at the Activation Lock Screen and what we can get out of it.
The iCloud Activation Lock Screen and what it means
An iCloud Locked iPhone can have two “states“. It can be either CLEAN or LOST/STOLEN/ERASED.
iCloud Activation Lock Screen #1:
Linked to Apple ID
This is how an iCloud locked iPhone looks like when in Activation Lock Screen linked to an Apple ID.
iCloud Activation Lock Screen #2
Lost or Erased Mode
This is how an iCloud locked iPhone looks like when it is reported as lost or stolen or erased.
In those cases where the iCloud Lock Status is LOST or STOLEN on Apple’s iCloud server, the original owner would also place a message like the following:
This device was LOST/STOLEN. Please contact me on [and they would put their phone number].
Check the screen of your iPhone and see what it says.
- When the iCloud Status is CLEAN which means that this iPhone was not reported as lost or stolen by the original owner you will get the Screen #1
- When the iCloud Status is LOST, ERASED or both you will get Screen #2
There are options for both but of course, it is way easier to iCloud Unlock a CLEAN iPhone.
All available methods to Unlock iCloud Free & Legally
When it comes to iCloud Unlock solutions, there are a few things that you need to take into account.
The first is to know the exact iCloud Status of your iPhone (You can do a full iCloud IMEI Check) and to know (or be) the Original Owner of that iPhone.
If you are the Original Owner, then you do not have to make an iCloud IMEI Check since the iCloud Removal procedure is pretty simple.
If you are not the Original Owner, do not worry, there are a couple of solutions for you!
- How to unlock iCloud Free when you are the original owner
- How to iCloud Unlock a used iPhone (for not original owners)
- iCloud Unlock FREE through Apple
- Free Online iOS iCloud Unlock Guides
- How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Screen
- Legal iCloud Unlock Request Solution
- iCloud IMEI Unlock Services
How to unlock iCloud when you are the original owner
The Unlock iCloud Activation Lock procedure for the Original Owner is as simple as a few taps!
- Tap on “Settings” from your iPhone’s (iPad’s / iPod’s) Home screen
- Tap on the “iCloud” option
- Then, Tap on “Find My iPhone“
- Change the “Find My iPhone” to “OFF” state.
- You will be asked to type your “Apple ID” and “password” to verify that you are the Owner of that device
- Finally, Tap “Turn Off“
And that’s it. Your iPhone is now fully iCloud Unlocked but you will not be able to track it down if you lose it (Keep that in mind!).
How to iCloud Unlock a used iPhone (for not original owners)
For someone who is not the Original Owner, the above method will not work.
Simply because this user will not know the Apple ID and Password of the iCloud account in which this iPhone is linked to (If you know it, then go ahead and use the above method!).
In order for a non-Original Owner to iCloud Unlock Free from an iPhone, you will have to use a service, tool, an online iCloud Unlocker or a software.
Now, it is VERY important to understand when a service is real or fake because you can find hundreds of Online Services/Tools that claim to be able to Unlock iCloud.
I have tested many (If not all) of these so-called iCloud Unlock Free services or FREE iCloud Unlocker, but all of them are specialized on getting your money, nothing else!
And no, there isn’t any iCloud Unlock Free Software or Tool (Please read more about the most popular icloudlockremoval.us tool review to get an idea)!
Even if you make a Google search for “Unlock iCloud Activation Lock tools“, you will find software or tools that claim to be able to unlock iCloud for free.
Be aware that these tools are full of viruses and malware. They will mess up with your computer, so don’t even go that path.
Some iCloud Unlocker Online tools, claim (And show) that they connect to Apple’s iCloud databases and deactivate the Find My iPhone from your iPhone. This is impossible. Apple does not allow ANYONE to access their iCloud databases.
iCloud Unlock FREE through Apple
There are only two ways to iCloud Unlock an iPhone via Apple.
- Initiating a chat through Apple Support
- Calling Apple Support team
1. Requesting iCloud Activation Lock Removal through Apple Chat (Currently, unavailable)
By following the 11 steps below you will be able to initiate a chat with Apple’s iCloud department and initiate an iCloud Lock Removal request – iCloud Unlock Free (And send a Formal / Official iCloud Lock Removal Template)
Unfortunately, Apple removed their online support for iCloud Unlock a couple of weeks ago. At this moment you can only request iCloud Lock Removal by phone (see the next chapter)
If you are not into chat, you can either do the above procedure again and pick the “Talk to Apple support” option OR you can follow the steps below, which will allow you to contact immediately an Apple agent.
Have in mind that by phone they will ask you to prove that you are the current owner of that iPhone, so you need to prepare your documents.
2. Requesting iCloud Activation Lock Deactivation by calling Apple Support
- Call 000 800 100 9009 number (Make sure to check if you will get overcharged!).
- Automated voice messages will inform you which numbers to press in order to connect to the proper department
- Once you start talking with an Apple agent, make sure, to be honest, and describe him/her exactly how this iPhone came to your hands.
- Most likely, the agent will ask you for Proof of purchase and ownership.
- In order to provide those documents, the agent will provide you with a link to upload them (Apple domain link)
- Those documents will be the Original Purchase Receipt and the invoice. They might ask you to upload some photos from this iPhone.
- After you complete the uploading (You will have to scan or take a photo all those documents) the Agent will start verifying them.
- If everything looks OK, then the Agent will give the order and an iCloud Unlock Free process.
- If not, either you will be asked for more proof (More documents or explanations) or they will reject your iCloud Lock removal request.
Some people in the early days were providing fake InVoices and Original Purchase Receipts and Apple could not verify them correctly. So, some iPhones were iCloud Unlocked from their NON-Owners. Nowadays, Apple has a very sophisticated method that can double check and verify with great accuracy all those documents. The chances to fool them are very low!
Free Online iOS iCloud Unlock Guides
There are some guides online that we have already tested, but they are not working. They claim to work with specific iOS versions, but even if you have a different one, you can spend 10 minutes and test them.
iCloud Unlock FREE guide for iOS 11.0.3 iPhones
This is a tutorial that I found online.
I tried testing it but it failed. It is an iCloud Unlock Free Guide which will not cause more damage to an iCloud Locked iPhone, so you can try it as well!
- If you have an option to restore your iPhone to that iOS version it will be good (If you cannot, you can go ahead and test this method anyway)
- You need to pick the “Unlocked by a Passcode” option ( If it does not have that option, stop and move to the next guide)
- You need to type the following numbers: First the “000000”, then “477112” and finally the “744111”
- You will be asked for a Passcode again, so type the “332211”
- It should bypass the Activation Lock screen before (or after) you type the 4th digit of the “332211” number
Let us know if that worked for you because for us it did not work for the 5 iCloud Locked iPhones that we could get our hands on.
iCloud Unlock FREE guide for iOS 11.1 iPhones
This is a bigger one and some people said that it worked for them.
I am not a believer though since this method did not work too!
But, since it is FREE, you can also try it out, maybe you are lucky.
- Turn ON your iPhone and Select “Language & Country”
- You will be redirected to the Activation Lock screen
- To the “Enter Apple ID” empty field, type the first letter of the Apple ID (It should be visible to the Activation Lock Screen) and then fill it out with emojis (A lot of them – They should be 32!)
- Copy the weird Apple ID you just created and paste it to the “Password” field twice
- Tap on the “Login” button
- Of course, it will show you that the Apple ID and/or Password is not correct, so keep on doing the same thing until the iPhone will show you the 6 Digit Passcode Screen
- Once it shows you that, start applying the Previous iCloud Unlock Free method
- It should remove the Apple iCloud Activation Lock
Again, it would be very interesting to let us know if that method worked for you!
How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Screen
Choosing the “Bypass iCloud Activation Lock” method might not be an ideal solution, but at least it will help you to gain back some functionality (Very basic things such as accessing the Home Screen and maybe browsing around to some websites).
By changing some DNS IP addresses, you will be able to “unlock” your iPhone’s restrictions. Be careful though, because you need to pick a specific IP address depending on the area you live in.
You can read more in the “Can the iCloud lock be broken” topic in Quora.
Legal iCloud Unlock Request Service
This is a little more complicated procedure, but the results are permanent and it will remove ALL restrictions an iCloud Lock applies.
In a few words, you simply request from Apple (Or from the Original Owner) to remove the iCloud Lock from this device.
It involves more steps of course, but this is a general idea.
The iCloud Unlock Request service can be applied by using 3 available methods.
This means that Legally, you can Unlock iCloud Activation Lock with the following three solutions:
- Through the Original / Previous Owner
- Through Apple
- Through Apple AND the Original / Previous Owner
#1: iCloud Unlock Free through the Original / Previous Owner
The first way to get your iPhone iCloud Activation Lock removed is by contacting the original owner of that iPhone. The problem is that in most cases, the seller of a second-hand iPhones from platforms like eBay, Amazon or Craigslist usually isn’t the original iPhone owner.
So even if you are able to track down the seller, he/she usually doesn’t have the original owner contact information. It is very difficult to find the contact details of the original owner because Apple is very strict with that information.
What you need is a way to contact the original owner and ask him to unlock the iCloud Activation Lock or with the Apple ID, Original Owner’s full name and a copy of the communication between you and him/her get help from Apple.
It may seem a very naïve solution, but it turns out that over 60% of second-hand iCloud Locked iPhones are not locked due to lost or theft. It is because the Original/Previous Owner simply forgot (Or didn’t know how) to remove this device from his/her iCloud account.
Get iCloud Account Information from Apple
Getting the information of the original owner is not only increase the chances to get the iCloud unlocked by simply asking the original owner, but you might be able to sell his iPhone back to the original owner.
There are services however, that can retrieve the iCloud Contact Information of an iCloud account. We are not familiar with how those services exactly work, but you can easily find one by Googling “iCloud ID finder“.
Those services will need the IMEI number
and the UDID number of your iPhone.
There is no need to find the UDID Number anymore. The IMEI of the iCloud Locked iPhone is enough.
With that information, you can contact the original owner and ask him to remove the iCloud Lock of that iPhone.
Sample of Apple iCloud ID Finder results:
Unfortunately, this kind of services will reveal you only the Phone-number of the original owner at the moment. But this information remains more than enough.
#2: Formal iCloud Removal request to Apple
Getting the contact information of the original owner is the safest, quickest and the only legal way to get the iCloud Activation Lock of your iPhone unlocked.
Of course, this applies to all iPhone models and all iCloud Status (CLEAN/LOST/ERASED).
If you are trying to Unlock iCloud Activation Lock for a stolen/lost iPhone, there is a chance that the owner will refuse to remove the iCloud Lock, but you will be able to send a formal iCloud Removal request to Apple. Their support team can also help you in such cases.
In several cases, the original owner either cannot be reached or he/she simply does not reply to calls and e-mails. You can inform Apple that you did your best to contact the original owner, but you received no reply.
Having the Apple ID of the original owner (The iCloud account in which the iPhone is locked to), can help you to remove the iCloud Lock by contacting Apple support and providing/proving that you tried reaching the Original Owner.
#3: iCloud Unlock Free through Apple using Original Owner’s communication and Original Purchase Receipt
The third and final solution is basically the combination of the two previous ones.
First, you need to contact the Original Owner and request for his assistance. Make sure to keep the full communication, because you will have to provide it to Apple afterward.
Even if you have no response from the Original Owner, note down (Screenshots would be the best) when the calls were made and when you send him/her emails.
Once you gather all the evidence that you tried contacting the Original Owner, it is time to contact Apple, request for an iCloud Unlock and provide them with all the available evidence that you gathered.
This combination will increase the chances for a successful iCloud Unlock removal.
The iCloud Unlock IMEI Services
Last but not least, if you are lucky and live in the USA, Europe, Middle East or Australia, there is the iCloud IMEI Unlock service which is extremely expensive but it will iCloud Unlock an iPhone as long as it is not reported as stolen or lost by the original owner.
We already tested these services and work perfectly fine but you must be ready to put your hand deep inside your pocket and at the same time avoid all possible scammers who claim they can deliver IMEI iCloud Unlock.
The best way to iCloud Unlock an iPhone
But If you already did try unlocking your iPhone’s iCloud with all the methods you found above and no one worked, there is only one remaining option which was actually the best solution from the beginning.
I am talking about a 48 pages iCloud Unlock eBook we found containing successful-proven ways to remove iCloud from ANY iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Apple Watch (ONLY real methods – Not “magic” services or full of virus Software/Tools).
- Those solutions include iCloud Removal services (Guides, Tutorials, proven templates to contact the original owner, etc..) AND if an unlock is not possible, alternatives for selling or using this device with restrictions.
- If you failed to open a chat session with an Apple agent, even after the iCloud Unlock tips I showed you at the beginning of this article, you can find the right department (And Tested / Working Official iCloud Unlock Request Templates) and request a Legal iCloud Lock Removal from Apple.
- No matter what you will decide to do with an iCloud Locked iPhone, IMEI Checking it first is the most important part. The iCloud IMEI check will reveal if the iCloud Status of the iPhone is CLEAN or LOST/ERASED. The best case scenario would be to avoid being in a position of having an iCloud Locked iPhone and identify it BEFORE even buying. Think about that the next time you will go for a refurbished iPhone.
- How to reach the original owner (templates and suggestions) in order to maximaze your iCloud Unlock chances
- iCloud Activation Lock Screen Bypass Methods which can either remove the iCloud Lock completely, let you use various apps and WiFI or even find original owner’s contact information
- As you already understood, the iCloud Unlock Solution you will pick is determined by the IMEI Check and eventually by the overall status of your iPhone