Unlocking an AT&T USA iPhone is rather easy if you meet certain criteria. AT&T Unlock is supported by this carrier and you can quickly request it from their website.
I will explain you here how to:
- Request an AT&T Unlock for your iPhone (or other Smartphone),
- Check if your iPhone meets AT&T’s Unlock eligibility requirements
- Unlock your AT&T USA iPhone in case your unlock request is rejected
AT&T Unlock for iPhone through Online Form (Device Unlock)
AT&T USA offers an Online Unlock form which is called Device unlock portal. Through this Online form, you can request an AT&T Unlock for your iPhone (Or other device) quickly and easily.
Just follow the steps below and check if your Unlock request will get accepted:
- Write down the IMEI number of your iPhone (Dial *#06# on your device to find it.)
- Go to AT&T’s Device Unlock online form
- Click on the “Unlock a device” option (The left one)
- The state is you are an AT&T USA wireless customer or not
- If you are a customer, you will have to provide them the AT&T Mobile Number of that device
- If you are not a customer, you only have to provide the IMEI number of that device
- Regardless your option (Customer or non Customer) the next steps are the same
- You need to type the Phone number OR the IMEI number
- The URL will get updated and it will provide you the “Maker” and the “Model” of your Smartphone
- Pass from the reCAPTCHA (You just have to click on the empty checkbox)
- Check the “Yes, I’ve read the legal stuff and agree to the device unlock eligibility requirements.” checkbox and click the “Next” button
- The form can quickly check if your iPhone is eligible for unlocking it and it will update you (Check the following error messages)
- If you receive any of the above messages (Or similar) it means that AT&T USA will not unlock your device unless you follow their instructions
- If the following screen appears, then it means that your iPhone is eligible for an unlock. All you have to do is to fill out all the fields
- First name & Last name
- Mobile Number (You do not have to enter the AT&T USA phone number)
- e-mail address
- Once you fill out all the fields you can click on the “Submit” button
- Almost instantly, a message will be send to your e-mail (The account you used to the Email address field)
- You need to click on the Confirmation link so the process can start as soon as possible
- Once you confirm it, you will simply have to wait for an Unlock Confirmation message from AT&T USA carrier
AT&T Unlock Status through Device Unlock form
The procedure is also very easy and it can be done through AT&T’s Device Unlock URL.
- Go to AT&T’s Device Unlock Portal
- Click on the “Check an unlock status” option
- Fill out the “IMEI number” and the “Confirmation Number” (Which is the Request number that you received to your e-mail address) and click on “Submit” button
- On the next page, you can see the exact status of your AT&T Unlock request with some other details
Summary: Unlocking AT&T SIM-Lock through their Device Unlock online form
As you can see, the procedure does not require a lot of time and all the information that will be requested from you are easy and quick to find.
The best part is that the whole procedure is FREE, as long as you meet AT&T’s Unlocking requirements.
It is highly recommended to use this approach FIRST and then proceed with the following ones, that will support devices that have UNPAID BILLS, OUSTANDING FINANCIAL BALANCE and are ACTIVE ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT/UNDER CONTRACT.
Currently, AT&T Unlock services for Blacklisted devices are not available, which means that you will have to contact the Original Owner or AT&T USA to sort it out.
AT&T Unlock for devices that have been rejected due to not meeting the unlock requirements
For the AT&T USA iPhones that are reported as Lost or Stolen, there is nothing to be done for now. The services that could Unlock them are no longer online and there are no services that can remove them from AT&T’s Blacklist.
The good news is that there are some services that can successfully unlock a NON clean AT&T USA iPhone (Not Blacklisted though) with a decent success rate (Around 70%) and price.
There is also the option to UNBAR an AT&T USA iPhone, which means that it will change its status from UNPAID BILLS/OUSTANDING FINANCIAL BALANCE/UNDER CONTRACT to CLEAN/ACTIVE LINE.
This means that afterwards you will be able to redo the whole AT&T Unlock through Device Unlock procedure and complete it successfully.