You can unlock an AT&T iPhone rather easily if you meet certain criteria since it is supported by this carrier and you can quickly request it from their att com device unlock website.
I will explain to you here how to:
- ATT check unlock status and requirements
- ATT Unlock Request for your iPhone (or other Smartphone)
- What to do if your AT&T Unlock Request is rejected
ATT Unlock Status Check
AT&T is one of the very few USA Carriers which gives you the opportunity to check the unlock eligibility of your iPhone. Like every other Mobile Network, AT&T has it’s own iPhone Unlock Policy with specific requirements:
- Your iPhone can’t be lost, stolen, or involved with fraud (to put it simply, you can’t unlock a Blacklisted iPhone)
- Completed AT&T contract or installment plan
- ATT Device unlock is doable even if your contract or installment plan is active as long as you pay off your termination fees early
- Your iPhone can’t be active on another AT&T account.
- In case of an upgrade, you must wait 14 days or 30 days for a business account
- Make must spend at least 60 days on contract
- No past due or unpaid balance
- Prepaid iPhones must have been active for at least 6 months
- Further paperwork is required for military personnel
- Company’s permission is required for business-owned iPhones
Thankfully, there is AT&T IMEI Check Service on ATT Unlock Portal. The procedure is also very easy and here is all you have to do.
- Go to ATT com deviceunlock
- I already chose the “Check an unlock status” option for you
- Fill out the “IMEI number” and the “Confirmation Number” (Which is the Request number that you received to your e-mail address) and click on “Submit” button
- On the next page, you can see the exact status of your AT&T Unlock request with some other details
So, if your iPhone meets all AT&T Unlock Requirements, you are only a few minutes away from making a successful AT&T Unlock Request.
How to unlock AT&T iPhone through att.com/deviceunlock portal
AT&T Unlock request is available online at ATT Unlock Portal. Through this Online form, you can unlock AT&T iPhone (or another device) quickly and easily.
Just follow the steps below:
- Write down the IMEI number of your iPhone (Dial *#06# on your device to find it.)
- Go to ATT.com/deviceunlock
- Click on the “Unlock a device” option (The left one)
- The state is you are an AT&T wireless customer or not
- If you are a customer, you will have to provide them the AT&T Mobile Number of that device
- If you are not a customer, you only have to provide the IMEI number of that device
- Regardless of your option (Customer or not) the next steps are the same
- You need to type the Phone number OR the IMEI number
- The URL will get updated and it will provide you the “Maker” and the “Model” of your Smartphone
- Pass from the reCAPTCHA (You just have to click on the empty checkbox)
- Check the “Yes, I’ve read the legal stuff and agree to the device unlock eligibility requirements.” checkbox and click the “Next” button
- The form can quickly check if your iPhone is eligible for unlocking it and it will update you (Check the following error messages)
- If you receive any of the above messages (or similar) it means that you won’t be able to unlock AT&T iPhone unless you follow their instructions
- If the following screen appears, then it means that your iPhone is eligible for an unlock. All you have to do is to fill out all the fields
- First name & Last name
- Mobile Number (You do not have to enter the AT&T USA phone number)
- e-mail address
- Once you fill out all the fields you can click on the “Submit” button
- Almost instantly, a message will be sent to your e-mail (the account you used to the Email address field)
- You need to click on the Confirmation link so the process can start as soon as possible
- Once you confirm it, you will simply have to wait for an AT&T Unlock Confirmation message from the Carrier
How to unlock your iPhone when your AT&T Unlock Request is rejected
As you can see, the procedure does not require a lot of time and all the information that will be requested from you are easy and quick to find.
The best part is that the whole procedure is FREE, as long as you meet AT&T’s Unlock requirements.
It is highly recommended to use this approach FIRST and then proceed with the following ones in order to unlock AT&T iPhone, that will support devices that have UNPAID BILLS, OUSTANDING FINANCIAL BALANCE and are ACTIVE ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT/UNDER CONTRACT.
Currently, AT&T Unlock services for Blacklisted devices (reported lost or stolen to ATT) are not available, which means that you will have to contact the Original Owner or the Mobile Network to sort it out.
AT&T Unlock through third-party services
First of all, despite the fact that I showed you how to unlock AT&T iPhone with the Network’s services, mistakes can be made when you are doing it on your own.
- You can assign the AT&T Unlock Request to an iPhone Unlock Provider which at the same time gives you more benefits.
- There are some services that can successfully unlock an AT&T iPhone active on another account.
- There is also the option to use an AT&T IMEI Unlock service which SIM Unlocks an iPhone with UNPAID BILLS/OUSTANDING FINANCIAL BALANCE/UNDER CONTRACT status. I must warn you though that AT&T IMEI Unlock is very expensive and you will be able to use any Carrier you want inside the USA & worldwide except AT&T. But it is the only option you have if you are in this situation.