The Jailbreaking community is mostly focusing not on an iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak method, but to jailbreak the latest iOS versions.
Jailbreaking an iPhone will not unlock it, but it will get the unlocking community one step closer to finding a bug to exploit and help them to create a tool for unlocking it (like ultrasn0w used to do).
The jailbreaking community has already released tools that can jailbreak iOS 12, 13, and 14 versions.
Will an iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak work?
The first step is complete. Therefore, devices that use iOS 12, 13, and 14 can be jailbroken.
This means that you can install third-party app stores (like Apple AppStore) and also have 100% access to your phone’s full potential.
Unfortunately, the second step is not yet finished. It is not possible to use an app or exploit a bug to remove the Network or iCloud lock from an iPhone.
The Ultrasn0w tool could previously unlock jailbroken iPhones, but, unfortunately, it was never updated by their creators.
There is no iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak method that can remove the network lock from your device, at least for now.
With an iPhone IMEI Unlock Check, there is no need to jailbreak your device to unlock it:
- Gets the overall IMEI status
- Determines if an iDevice is eligible for unlocking
- Searches for verified unlocking solutions
- Provides a detailed guide on how to proceed
This does not mean that jailbreaking an iPhone is useless. Below we created some guides that will help you to jailbreak your device and enjoy the numerous options that can be found in third-party app stores.
iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak guide | Cydia Carrier Unlock iOS 12 / 12.4 / 13 / 14 Guide
If your iPhone has one of the following iOS versions, then you can jailbreak it and wait for an iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak method to be released:
- iOS 12 to 12.4.1
- iOS 13 to 13.7
- iOS 14 to 14.3
For the iOS 12.X.X versions, you can use the unc0ver and chimera jailbreaking tools.
For the iOS 13.X.X versions, you can use unc0ver, chimera, and checkra1n jailbreaking tools.
For the iOS 14.X.X versions, you can also use the checkra1n tool, but it does not support the latest models
Unc0ver Jailbreak for iOS 12 and 13
It supports A7-A12 devices. This means you can jailbreak up to an iPhone XR model.
1. Online method – No PC Required
- Install TaigOne
- Find unc0ver jailbreak on the TaigOne jailbreak tab
- Tap on it and unc0ver jailbreak will be installed in a few seconds
2. PC Method
The same outcome with a few more steps compared to the online method.
Chimera Jailbreak for iOS 12 / 13
Chimera Jailbreak supports A7-A11 iDevices which means it works up to iPhone X.
- For the online method, just install TaigOne from the link I provided and this time choose Chimera Jailbreak
- For the PC method, just install Chimera IPA and proceed as before
Checkra1n for iOS 14
The Checkra1n jailbreaking tool supports 14 to 14.3 iOS versions, but for the time being, it only works on older iPhone and iPad models.
You will need to have a MacOS or a Linux computer. It does not have a Windows version yet.
- Download the checkra1n app and install it.
- Right-click on it and select Open (do not double click it)
- Connect your device to your computer (if a popup appears, tap on “Trust”)
- At this stage, you will see if your device is supported or not. If it is supported, click on the “Start” button
- Put your device into DFU mode (instructions will be given) and then the process will start automatically
- Once the installation is finished, tap on the checkra1n app and install Cydia
Alternatives to iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak method for iOS 12 / 13 / 14 versions
Jailbreaking the latest iOS versions is something that can be done by using the above tutorials. However, unlocking your device is a different process, and for now, there are no available iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreaking methods.
However, there is one alternative, which is far more popular and stable, the IMEI Unlock method.
This method does not require a jailbroken device and is also not affected if you jailbreak your device.
Instead of waiting for an iPhone Carrier Unlock Jailbreak method, find out How to Unlock your iPhone with the IMEI method.