At the moment is not possible to jailbreak iOS 13 (Oct 3, 2019) however, you can easily jailbreak iOS 12.4 with or without a computer.
Why should I jailbreak my iPhone?
If you are not familiar with the term “jailbreak” and you already humming Thin Lizzy’s song (I do) then. tonight there’s gonna be an iOS 12.4 jailbreak. Why?
Jailbreaking allows you to install applications and tweaks not provided by the official Apple App Store.
Up to a point, it was also able to allow you to SIM unlock your iPhone. If that’s why you’re trying to jailbreak iOS 12.4 then I’ll tell you at the end of this article how to do it.
A Complete iPhone IMEI Unlock Check:
- Gets the overall IMEI status
- Determines if an iDevice is eligible for unlock
- Searches for verified unlocking solutions
- Provides a detailed guide on how to proceed
But, first things first.
iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Guide
There are various ways to jailbreak iOS 12.4. Let’s take a look at which they are and how to download/install them.
It supports A7-A12 devices. This means you can jailbreak up to iPhone XR if you are running iOS 12.4.
1. Online method – No PC Required
I suggest following this one since it’s the easiest. Just make sure that you use Safari and not another browser
- Install TaigOne
- Find unc0ver jailbreak on TaigOne jailbreak tab
- Tap on it and unc0ver jailbreak will be installed in few seconds
2. PC Method
The same outcome but there are a few more steps comparing to the online method.
- Download Unc0ver IPA
- Download the latest version of Cydia Impactor
- Connect your iPhone to your PC
- Enter your Apple ID and Password
- Select ‘Devices’ from the menu and then select ‘Install packages’ to open Unc0ver
Optional: You can simply drag and drop the Unc0ver IPA
Wait a few seconds and that’s it. You have successfully jailbroken iOS 12.4.
Try this approach if you can see the SIM Not supported message on your iPhone’s Screen.
Like Unc0ver, there is an online and a computer method but there is a catch. Chimera iOS 12.4 Jailbreak supports A7-A11 iDevices which means it works up to iPhone X.
- For the online method, just install TaigOne from the link I provided and this time choose Chimera Jailbreak
- For the PC method, just install Chimera IPA and proceed like before
Can you still carrier unlock an iPhone after jailbreaking iOS 12.4?
So, iOS 12.4.1 and iOS 12.4.2 jailbreak are not yet available, however, it’s safe to say that they are coming soon. Probably until the end of 2019 fall. If your device has outstanding financial balances, please check our how to unlock iphone with unpaid balance post.
Now, jailbreak gives you a lot of opportunities to customize your iPhone with apps and tweaks you won’t find on the Apple App Store and get the most out of your iDevice. But unfortunately, you won’t find a free SIM Unlock solution through jailbreak. This was only possible until iOS 6.1.6 and the use of Ultrasn0w.
The only free iPhone Unlock comes through the Network which locks your iPhone and most times, it won’t be an option unless you are the account holder.