Tracfone Unlock is becoming a huge issue in the USA, as the Μobile Network increases its subscribers year by year reaching 23.1 million customers at the end of 2017.
Until recently, Tracfone Unlock for iPhones was impossible but thanks to the Federal Communications Commission agreement they are now obligated to SIM Unlock a device for free as long as it meets TracFone Unlock Policy requirements.
I will show you how to unlock a TracFone iPhone through their customer support for free and some third-party options.
iPhone TracFone Unlock Policy
TracFone Wireless is the biggest prepaid MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) and how it could be otherwise since they own all the following brands.
- NET10 Wireless
- Total Wireless
- Straight Talk
- SafeLink Wireless
- Telcel América
- SIMPLE Mobile
- Page Plus Cellular
- GoSmart Mobile
- Walmart Family Mobile
Despite the fact that all these MVNOs have different features and charges they do share one thing in common: You have to deal with TracFone Wireless Unlock Policy when you want to remove the SIM Not Support message from your iPhone.
- The iPhone must have been activated on TracFone for at least 1 year
- Blacklisted iPhones are not eligible for Unlock
- Same goes with iPhone with Unpaid Bills
- Recycled or ported telephone numbers are not accepted.
- The account must be active or the TracFone Unlock SIM Request must be made within 60 days expiration.
- Customers must currently own a TracFone branded iPhone model launched on TracFone’s service after February 11, 2014, or activated with TracFone’s service after February 11, 2015.
- The iPhone must be in working condition.
Why unlock my Tracfone iPhone
Having an iPhone without a contract and paying exactly what you need is a great option. But an unlocked iPhone gives you the ability to use any SIM Card you want worldwide without restrictions.
So, TracFone Unlock is crucial for anyone who bought a used iPhone, locked to TracFone because it won’t be able to operate with his Mobile Network, to begin with.
Moreover, if you travel abroad Tracfone (like any other Carrier) has expensive roaming fees charging you 2 minutes for every minute used to make and receive calls, which makes it really not affordable to use your iPhone outside from the USA. On the contrary, an unlocked iPhone can use any local SIM Card from the nations you visit avoiding roaming fees completely.
How to unlock a TracFone iPhone through their Customer Support
- Go to www.tfwunlockpolicy.com and enter your phone number or the iPhone’s Serial number at the bottom of the page.
- As long as your iPhone is eligible for TracFone Unlock, you will receive an unlock code.
- Turn off the iPhone, place a different network’s SIM cards and turn it back on. You will see that your iPhone is locked, but now you can enter the SIM unlock code you previously received and voila, your iPhone is unlocked.
Just don’t forget to turn your iPhone off and on when you are switching SIM Cards.
In addition to the online procedure, you can also call 1-888-442-5102 during normal business hours and unlock your iPhone by phone.
If your iPhone is not compatible with TracFone Unlock Policy, there might be new phone discounts or cash refund options offered by the Network but is there another way to unlock a TracFone iPhone?
How to Unlock a TracFone iPhone through a SIM Unlock Provider
The Internet is full of iPhone unlocking methods, so to an untrained eye, these will be good news. This is far from the truth because many online companies trying to take advantage of people that are not familiar with the whole iPhone unlocking procedure.
In general, there are three iPhone unlocking methods
- Software SIM unlock
- iPhone Unlock Hardware
- iPhone IMEI Unlock
You can read more about their Unlocking costs from this link but even if you don’t it makes no difference since iPhone TracFone Unlock is not possible with any of them.
Of course, the first 2 are useless anyway but Factory Unlock works for the vast majority of Mobile Networks but we tested it multiple times with TracFone and it didn’t work. Legit iPhone Unlock Providers will inform you about this as soon as you try to make an order while other just take your money and bid you farewell.
TracFone Customer Support is the only way to unlock your iPhone. If they inform you that your iPhone is not eligible for SIM Unlock then nothing else can be done.
But if you don’t want to get involved with the TracFone Unlock Process, you can make a iPhone IMEI Unlock Check and iPhone Unlock experts will take care of everything and provide you more options in case of rejection, like selling your useless iPhone at the maximum price and buying another one, completely unlocked or locked to your network at the lowest.