- 1 How to unlock an iPhone with a Formal SIM Unlock Request
- 2 The history of all iPhone SIM Unlock methods
- 3 iPhone SIM Unlock in 2018
- 4 How to unlock my iPhone with a SIM Unlock Request Service
- 5 Wireless Networks iPhone SIM Unlock Policies
Forget what you knew about iPhone SIM Unlock. After 8 years of iPhone Unlocking experience the team of Unlock.Ultrasnow.EU decided to provide you with the best Carrier Unlock solution ever:
The SIM Lock Removal Request through your Cellular Network.
How to unlock an iPhone with a Formal SIM Unlock Request
Why spend $150 minimum on an IMEI Unlock Service when there is a way to use your Mobile Network’s SIM Unlock policy to your advantage?
We came up with a flawless iPhone Unlocking process using only legal means.
This iPhone Unlock Procedure is extremely time-consuming but it is the best thing you can do on your own (and maybe totally free).
But you can always ask for some professional help if you don’t have the required time and patience.
The history of all iPhone SIM Unlock methods
I (and the rest of UU.eu team) was there since the beginning of iPhone SIM unlocking.
2017: The year when iPhone Network Unlocking took a new turn
So, IMEI iPhone Unlock used to be the king without any doubt. But in 2017, Wireless Networks found a way to cripple Factory Unlocking.
- It still works but only for a handful of Carriers
- If an iPhone is blacklisted, Premium IMEI SIM Unlock is applicable to a limited number of Carriers, mostly inside the USA, Japan, and a few other countries.
- It became more expensive than ever with prices ranging between $190-$250.
So, what has happened exactly?
How Canada changed iPhone SIM Unlock worldwide in one day
On June 15, 2017, CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission) made a bold move that changed the Carrier Unlocking business forever.
And it became a reality. Since December 1, 2017, all mobile phones in Canada are sold SIM Unlocked and all Telecoms Networks are obligated to Carrier Unlock older handsets for free as long as the wireless phone is eligible for SIM Unlocking.
iPhone SIM Unlock in 2018
There is no need to envy Canadians because they can now purchase a brand new unlocked iPhone X or unlock a used iPhone for free.
There are so many iPhone SIM Unlock Providers out there which will charge you a fortune in order to IMEI Unlock your iPhone with doubtful results and I am not blaming them, this is how free market works after all.
But they are not telling you a small detail:
Soon after the CRTC’s ban, many Mobile Networks inside the USA, Europe, and other nations followed Canada’s example and decreased (or even eliminated) their SIM Lock Deactivation fees.
Until recently, no one was thinking about using the Wireless Network’s unlock services because they use to be ridiculously expensive (even $300) but this is not a fact anymore.
So, are you really sure that you cannot unlock your iPhone for free or under a smaller fee than the one you think?
The Carrier’s iPhone SIM Unlock policy is the key
Every iPhone has a unique IMEI number and every Cellular Network has a unique iPhone Unlock Policy.
These two pieces of information are enough to use a Free SIM Lock Removal Request for the Mobile Network that is locking your iPhone.
But here is the thing: Your iPhone must be eligible for SIM Unlock with the specific Wireless Network.
- When you are the original owner you can contact your Mobile Network and ask if your iPhone can be unlocked. (Don’t be surprised if they refuse)
- When you bought a refurbished simlocked iPhone it would be impossible to use a Cellular Network’s SIM Unlock services without an IMEI Check Report and iPhone Unlocking Experts help.
It is basic knowledge that Wireless Networks don’t want you to Carrier unlock your iPhone and this is why they developed and constantly changing their unlocking policies.
There are similarities between Cellular Networks’ Unlock policies:
- The iPhone must not be blacklisted
- There must be an outstanding financial balance
- You must have spent a certain period under contract to make a SIM Lock Removal Request
- Overseas deployment papers for military personnel
But everything else depends on the Carrier and many of them require additional validation and proof of purchase.
We found a way to deal with iPhone SIM Unlock Policies and unlock your iPhone permanently.
How to unlock my iPhone with a SIM Unlock Request Service
We found an iPhone Unlock Provider that totally aligns with our train of thought.
- Will identify the overall Lock Status of your iPhone
- Verify your iPhone’s compatibility with the locking Cellular Network’s Unlock Policy
- Send a formal iPhone SIM Unlock Request
- Negotiate with the Mobile Network if something goes wrong
- If negotiations fail they will suggest you the most economical IMEI Unlock service
- In 3 business days, your iPhone will be permanently unlocked
Wireless Networks iPhone SIM Unlock Policies
From here on, you will find all Cellular Networks and their iPhone Unlock Policy. We will constantly update this post with new countries and Carriers, so bookmark this page and visit us from time to time.
You can also leave a comment and ask us to investigate any country or Telecoms Network we might forget.
USA Mobile Network’s iPhone SIM Unlock Policy
- The iPhone can’t be blacklisted (reported lost or stolen, or involved with fraud)
- A Completed AT&T contract or installment plan (including early termination fees). Otherwise, you must pay off your installment plan early and make another unlock request in 24 hours.
- Make sure that the iPhone isn’t active on another AT&T account.
- In case of an early upgrade, you must wait for 14 days or 30 days if you have a business account.
- The AT&T service must be active for at least 60 days with no past due or unpaid balance.
- Verify that your AT&T PREPAIDSM iPhone was active for 6 months minimum
- Email your temporary or permanent change of station (TCS or PCS) military documents for eligibility, if applicable. If you’re on active duty, you don’t have to complete your installment plans or contracts.
- Business-owned iPhones require the company’s permission
AT&T won’t charge you for using their SIM Unlock Service
- Sprint Postpaid Devices
- The device must be eligible for SIM Unlock
- The iPhone must be active on Sprint network for 50 days minimum
- Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled before the SIM unlock is completed.
- The account’s Financial Balance must be in good standing
- The iPhone cannot be blacklisted (reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activities, or flagged as replaced,etc.)
- Sprint Forward Devices
- Blacklisted iPhones won’t be SIM Unlocked
- The iPhone must be active on Sprint Network for at least 12 months
- Inactive Devices
- Contact Sprint Customer Care to request iPhone SIM unlock. Eligible iDevices may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Additional proof may be required to ensure eligibility.
- Unlocking for military personnel
- You must be an active member of the United States military or a family member as deployed personnel.
- Overseas deployment papers
- You must be a Sprint customer and able to verify that you are the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
- No pending contract bills
- 2 SIM Unlock Requests per year
Sprint won’t charge you in order to SIM Unlock your iPhone.
- For Sprint postpaid iPhone SIM Unlock contact 888-211-4727
- For Sprint Forward iPhone SIM Unlock contact 855-639-4644
- The iPhone must be locked by T-mobile
- Blacklisted iPhones are not compatible with T-Mobile SIM Lock Deactivation Services
- An active contract can’t be canceled
- The Financial Balance must be in good standing.
- 2 iPhone SIM unlock Requests per year
- The device must satisfy all the Postpaid or Pay in Advance Unlocking terms outlined below.
- T-Mobile can request proof of purchase or additional information
Unlock eligibility for iPhones on Postpaid plans
- The iPhone must be active on T-Mobile for 40 days minimum before you Carrier Unlock it
- All payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full unless otherwise specified.
- If the device is on an account that is under a service contract term, at least 18 consecutive monthly payments must have been made or the account must have migrated to Simple Choice no-contract rate plan.
- A canceled account’s Financial balance must be zero, including all pending charges.
Unlock eligibility for iPhones on Prepaid plans
- The iPhone must be active on T-Mobile network for one year minimum
- If you want to SIM Unlock your iPhone earlier, the Pay in Advance account must have had more than $100 in refills since the iPhone’s first use date without including the initial activation payment.
Unlock eligibility for Military and other exceptions
- A good standing account
- Provision of deployment papers.
- Exceptions to some or all requirements may apply in other circumstances for Business and Government Accounts.
T-Mobile provides iPhone unlock codes free within 2 business days or you will be notified for further delay.
Contact T-Mobile for iPhone SIM Unlock
- Postpay Device Unlocking Policy
- Verizon doesn’t SIM Lock 4G LTE or 3G devices
- Prepaid 3G Phone-in-the-Box phones are locked to Verizon for 1 year after the first activation and they can’t use Prepaid Services for 6 months.
The one year has passed you can SIM unlock for free by dialing *611 with your phone app or calling 888.294.6804.
- 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account.
- SIM Unlocking policy for Deployed Military Personnel
Verizon will network unlock the iPhone at soldier’s request.
Verizon is one of the best USA Wireless Networks simply because it doesn’t sell simlocked iPhones and it easy to SIM Unlock any mobile. Visit their site for more info.
- The locked iPhone must have been activated on TracFone service for at least 1 year
- Redeemed air time cards require 1 year minimum
- The telephone number must not be recycled or ported.
- Customers must request SIM Unlock while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire. Applicable on recycled or ported telephone numbers.
- Customers must currently own a TracFone branded iPhone model launched on TracFone’s service after February 11, 2014, or activated with TracFone’s service after February 11, 2015.
- The iPhone must be in working condition.
- Blacklisted iPhones won’t be unlocked
- Deployment papers for military personnel
- Only one SIM Unlock Request per year.
You can submit an iPhone SIM Unlock Request on the link above or call 1-888-442-5102.
UK Cellular Networks SIM Unlock Policies
- EE pay monthly iPhone
- The iPhone must be simlocked to EE
- You must be the account holder for the iPhone and phone number
- At least 6 months spent on contract
- No pending contract bills
- Blacklisted iPhones are not accepted
- Pay as you go iPhone
- The iPhone must be registered to EE (Call 150)
- Second-hand iPhone
- More than six months locked to EE
- The refurbished iPhone cannot be blacklisted
EE iPhone SIM Unlock Services Cost
- Pay monthly iPhone: £8.99 in contract OR free out of contract
- Pay as you go iPhone: Free (if bought directly with EE by the requester) OR £8.99
- Refurbished iPhone: £8.99
- EE small business iPhone: £8.99
All iPhones are SIM Unlocked within 3-10 days.
Pay as you go iPhones sold directly by EE after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically after 18 months.
Go to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/device-unlock or call 150 (EE iPhone) or 0800 956 6000 (landline or non-EE phone) to make an iPhone SIM Unlock Request to EE
- SIM Locked by O2
- No unpaid bills and keep paying your monthly tariff
- Blacklisted iPhone won’t be unlocked by O2
No matter if you are a Pay Monthly Customer, a Pay As You Go Customer or a Business Customer, O2 will unlock your iPhone for free as long as it is compatible for SIM Unlocking.
- The iPhone is locked by Vodafone
- The iPhone you want to unlock is not blacklisted
- No pending contract Bills. The 3 last bills must be paid off and up to date.
- Ony 3 iPhone unlocks per year
- Using a Vodafone phone number in the iPhone you want to unlock for more than 30 days
Vodafone SIM Deactivation Services are free for personal and small business customers.
If your iPhone can be unlocked by Vodafone go to this link and make a Vodafone Unlock Code Request.
- Are at least 30 days into Three contract
- have paid your first bill
- No past due dates
- No Blacklisted iPhone Status
All iPhones that were bought directly from Three after 1 January 2014 are already unlocked.
It will cost you £15.32 to make a Three iPhone SIM Unlock Request and it usually takes 1-6 days.
Japan Telecom Networks’ iPhone SIM Unlock Policies
I must warn you that Japanese Networks have really confusing iPhone Unlock policies. We did the best we could to understand what it takes to unlock an iPhone in Japan.
If I was you I would use iPhoneUnlock.Zone SIM Lock Removal Request from the beginning.
- Various locks such as network use restrictions and Omakase Lock are not set.
- The history (?) of the subscriber. DOCOMO will verify that you are the subscriber by confirming your name, date of birth, etc. For companies or organizations, the identification of the person who applies may be required)
- 100 days under NTT Docomo Contract (But you can unlock it earlier with various requirements)
- All installment payments are paid
- Blacklisted iPhones won’t be unlocked
You can unlock your NTT Docomo iPhone for free using my docomo from your pc or pay ¥3,000 and use their phone service or visit a Docomo Shop.
- iPhones released after April 23, 2015, that supports SIM unlocking
- Contractor’s personal info
- au mobile iPhone without any network-use regulations. (they mean blacklisted)
- 101 days spent under contract with KDDI
- However, SIM unlocking procedures can be performed even earlier with various restrictions
If I correctly understood, au won’t unlock iPhone 6 and all other earlier models. (iPhone 5s, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4)
You must go to an au shop, with personal identification documents and pay ¥3,000 to request iPhone SIM Unlocking.
- The iPhone must be simlocked by SoftBank
- You must have an outstanding financial balance
- Only iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus can be SIM Unlocked by SoftBank
- The SIM can be unlocked after 101 days spent on a contract with SoftBank (or earlier if you fulfill various conditions)
- Deactivated iPhones must get SIM Unlocked within 90 days after they have been deactivated.
- The SoftBank SIM lock deactivation can only be done for users who have signed a contract on the target iPhone.
As long as you meet their conditions you can unlock your SoftBank iPhone free with My SoftBank or pay ￥3,000 to a SoftBank Shop.
Y!Mobile is an MVNO of SoftBank Japan. Check out SoftBank’s iPhone Unlocking Policy
Canada Mobile Networks’ SIM Unlock Policies
Every iPhone that was sold after December 1, 2017, should be already unlocked or there will be an unlock code sticker or identifier on the original box of purchase.
- The iPhone must be locked by Rogers
- Your Rogers account must be at good standing with no past due balances
- The iPhone must not be blacklisted
- All iPhones sold after December 1, 2017, are unlocked.
- There are no SIM Lock Deactivation fees
- Contact Rogers to make an iPhone SIM Unlock Inquiry
- The iPhone is locked to the TELUS network
- The iPhone is not blacklisted
You can unlock your TELUS iPhone free, using My TELUS on your computer or by calling 1-866-558-2273 if you are not a TELUS customer.
- The iPhone must be locked by Bell Network
- The iPhone cannot be blacklisted
- The Bell Account, which the iPhone you want to unlock is associated with, must be in good standing
Bell offers their iPhone SIM Unlock Services for free. Visit MyBell to initiate the process.
- The iPhone must have been purchased by Fido
- The iPhone must have been active for at least 90 days under a Fido Account
- The iPhone can’t be blacklisted
- The Fido account must be at good standing
Now Fido on this page says that they will charge you $50 for removing the SIM Lock from your iPhone and on the next page they say that there are no unlocking fees. (leave a comment below if you know which of these 2 applies)
Free or not, contact Fido and ask for SIM Lock Deactivation.
- The iPhone must have been purchased directly from chatr
- No Blacklisted Status
Contact chatr or visit a chatr retailer to SIM Unlock your iPhone free of charge.
- The iPhone cannot be suspended as lost or stolen
- Blacklisted iPhones won’t be unlocked
- The iPhone must be from Koodo or Telus
You can SIM unlock free your Koodo iPhone by logging in to your Self Serve Account.
- You must be or have been a Virgin Mobile Member
- The iPhone must be locked to Virgin’s Wireless network
- The iPhone cannot be Blacklisted
- The iPhone’s Virgin account must be in good standing