The Straight Talk provider is probably the hardest to unlock, and this is evident from the hundreds of users who publish dissatisfied messages on the internet.
Updated on 05/12/2019
Fortunately, there are two ways to unlock your Straight Talk iPhone:
- The first is through the company itself
- and the second with the so-called Hardware Network Unlock SIM card method.
If you have a T-Mobile USA iPhone, you can read all your options to our T-Mobile iPhone Unlock article.
#1 – How to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone through carrier request
In general, all network providers have specific and unique unlocking policies, but the most common ones are:
- The iPhone should not be stolen or lost
- There must be no account balance (Unpaid Bills)
- It must be activated in their service for at least one year
The truth is that in the case of a Straight Talk iPhone, these limitations are not very important especially when you want to unlock an iPhone through them (But you should check it anyway to see its current Blacklist status – It will help you to identify if an iPhone can operate inside USA or has other limitations).
All you have to do is go to their website, type in the IMEI number of your iPhone, and they will inform you if this iPhone is eligible for unlocking or not.
If they decide to reject the unlock request, they will not reveal the reasons that led to the failure of unlocking your iPhone. They’ll just show you a text about their unlocking policies explaining that the network unlock request was not accepted (Your device is not eligible).
#1.1 – Requesting a Network StraightTalk Unlock (FREE)
The steps are very simple:
- Go to their website to request an unlock
- Scroll down to the Serial Number field and write the IMEI number of your iPhone
- Prove to them that “you are not a robot” (Captcha) and click on the “VERIFY ELIGIBILITY” button
In just a few seconds, you will know if your iPhone will be unlocked free of charge from Straight Talk.
Based on our 10-year experience, Straight Talk has unlocked only 20 iPhones out of about 1,000 unlocking requests we have submitted. Straight Talk’s unlock policies are extremely strict and usually reject a huge part of the unlocking requests.
Fortunately, the whole process is free of charge, so you have nothing to lose.
#2 – How to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone through Hardware Network Unlock SIM Card
This method has received many negative criticisms for many different reasons.
Unfortunately, there are many hardware unlock methods, and most of them have not achieved the desired results, which is unlocking a Straight Talk iPhone.
To date, there are 7 Hardware unlocking methods, the most known being RSIM, XSIM and TURBOSIM. Most (including RSIM, XSIM and TURBOSIM) were unable to unlock iPhones that were locked into MVNO providers such as Straight Talk, Sprint, Cellular, Wireless and other.
We tried them all on the same Straight Talk Mobile and fortunately, one managed to unlock it.
# 2.1 List of all Hardware SIM cards for StraightTalk Unlock
RSIM, GPP SIM, Turbo SIM, Heicard, XSIM, Gevey and UnlockMySIM are all available hardware unlocking options.
We tested them all on the following MVNO networks and on three GSM providers (AT&T, T-Mobile and EE).
|Hardware SIM||Straight Talk||Sprint||Tracfone||GSM Carriers||Price|
Table 1: Testing Hardware Network Unlock SIM Cards with Straight Talk, Sprint, Tracfone, AT&T, T-Mobile and EE UK networks.
After communicating with DoctorSIM (The company that provides the UnlockMySIM solution), we managed to reduce the price only for our users to $27.95.
Conclusion on StraightTalk iPhone Unlock
All cards, except UnlockMySIM, failed to unlock our Straight Talk iPhone.
Straight Talk was purchased by TracFone Wireless and joined forces with a bunch of other Networks (MVNOs) and shares the same iPhone Unlocking Policy with all following Telecoms Networks: TracFone, NeT10 Wireless, Total Wireless, Telcel, SIMPLE Mobile and SafeLink Wireless.
So, all of the above networks can get unlocked with the UnlockMySIM card.
UnlockMySIM option: Unlock Straight Talk
- If you want to Unlock a StraightTalk iPhone, then only UnlockMySIM service can do it (Through us you can get it only with $27.95)
- The procedure is quick (5 minutes)
- The unlock is permanent (Supports all iOS versions and future ones)
- You do not need to keep the UnlockMySIM card inside your iPhone’s SIM tray after unlocking it
Other SIM Cards
- If you do not have a MVNO locked iPhone and you want to unlock a GSM network (Such as AT&T, T-Mobile or other), then you can pick the cheaper Hardware unlock SIM card
- You need to pick the right SIM card based on your iPhone’s iOS version and model
- The unlock is not permanent (Updating your iOS will render the SIM card useless and lose the unlock)