iPhone’s IMEI number (also known as MEID number for other mobiles) is the most crucial info of iPhone unlocking when you are using an iPhone Unlock Method. Let’s find out what IMEI number exactly, how to find it on your iPhone and how to use it in order to unlock your iPhone successfully!
What is the iPhone’s IMEI number?
IMEI is an acronym for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a 15-digit number (MEID number has 14-digits). IMEI is unique and identifies 3GPP (GSM, LTE, and UMTS), iDEN and some satellite phones.
All iPhone models are GSM and only iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5C have also CDMA versions.
GSM Mobile networks use the IMEI number:
- to identify the iDevice as valid
- to blacklist an iPhone when it is reported as Lost or Stolen
iPhone’s IMEI number cannot be changed. Every iPhone has its own IMEI number and the iPhone user is irrelevant!
What you can do with the IMEI number
With the IMEI number you can do the following:
- Check if your iPhone is Locked
- Remove the SIM-Lock of your iPhone
- Remove the iCloud Lock from your iPhone
- Remove the Blacklist status from your iPhone
How to find an iPhone’s IMEI number?
There are many ways to find an iPhone’s IMEI number.
1. Find the iPhone’s IMEI number by dialing *#06#
All you have to do is to dial *#06# with the iPhone’s phone app. You don’t need a Mobile Network’s connection to make this call
The number you see is the iPhone’s IMEI number
2. Find the IMEI number in iTunes with the iPhone
- Plug the iPhone into a Windows or Mac computer
- Open iTunes
- Select your iPhone
- Select the ”Summary” tab
- Click on the ”Phone Number”
- The 15-digit number you are seeing is the IMEI number
3. Find the IMEI number in iTunes without the iPhone
- Use the latest iTunes version
- Go to an iDevice backup
- Open preferences in iTunes (in Windows choose “Edit > Preferences” and in Mac, you go to “iTunes > Preferences“)
- Select the “Devices” tab.
- Hover the mouse over the backup iPhone
- It will display the IMEI number
3. Find the iPhone’s IMEI number iPhone’s About Screen:
- Look at the iPhone’s Home Screen
- Go to Settings > General > About
- Scroll down to see IMEI number.
4. Find the iPhone’s IMEI number on the back side of the iPhone:
After iPhone 5, IMEI number in engraved to the back side of the iPhone
To be more specific you can find the IMEI in this way on:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
5. Find the iPhone’s IMEI number on the box
The original packaging of an iPhone always has the IMEI number written somewhere on it
6. Find the iPhone’s IMEI number of an iCloud Locked iPhone
When you have to do with an iCloud Locked iPhone, just tap on the ”i” button on the top right of iCloud Activation Lock Screen
7. Find the IMEI number on the iPhone’s SIM tray
You can also find the IMEI number written on the iPhone’s SIM tray
This feature is enabled on:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPhone 3G
iPhone IMEI number and used iPhones from online markets
How can you be sure about an iPhone’s IMEI number when you buy it from an online market?
When you can’t hold the iPhone in your hands don’t trust any iPhone seller with the IMEI he/she is providing!
Ask the iPhone seller to create a small video showing the IMEI number of the iPhone in all possible ways I showed you above!
Now you are sure the IMEI number is valid and on top of that, you can now check the iPhone with an IMEI Check Service! Maybe the iPhone is SIM Locked, Blacklisted, iCloud Locked or has other secret issues.
This is everything about an iPhone’s IMEI number
The IMEI number is the key to using an iPhone IMEI Check Service or any iPhone Unlock Service. And now you know exactly what it is and how to find it!