In a few days, iPhone XR will be released (Oct 26, 2018) and everyone is ecstatic about it. Yet the question remains the same as always: Can you unlock iPhone XR?
How to SIM Unlock iPhone XR
Many people still believe that iPhone Unlocking has to do with the iPhone Model and the iOS version. I totally get it because these two were essential for older SIM Lock Removal methods.
- Software SIM Unlock: You can’t really use this method for many years now. iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.6 is as far as you could go. Any kind of iPhone Unlock Software you may found online is simply a scam.
- SIM Unlock Hardware: These SIM interposers still exists with R-SIM, GPP and Turbo-SIM being the most popular. After countless tests, the latest iPhone model I managed to unlock was iPhone 5s with iOS 10. iPhone Unlock Hardware is a really dangerous road to follow.
There are 2 ways to unlock an iPhone XR and there is a unique process that combines both of them. Let’s find them out.
How to Unlock iPhone XR through your Mobile Network
Right now, you will only find new iPhone XR but pretty soon refurbished ones will be also available. Used or new, your first SIM Lock Removal approach should be the locking Carrier.
The problem is that every Mobile Network has a different SIM Unlock Policy and sometimes it is difficult to understand what it takes to unlock an iPhone. After all, Carriers create their terms and conditions in order to confuse their customers and keep an iPhone enslaved in using SIM Cards only from them.
Of course, if you are the original owner of an iPhone XR you can contact your Carrier and find out if it is unlockable. On the other hand, a second-hand iPhone XR might be harder to get unlocked through the network.
How to IMEI Unlock iPhone XR
So, no matter if you are an original owner or not, the next step would be and it should be an IMEI Unlock Service also known as Factory Unlocking.
I am a huge fan of this method and thanks to IMEI Unlock, iPhone Unlocking became so much easier for all of us. Factory Unlocking knows no iPhone model or iOS version boundaries but there is a small issue: The price to unlock iPhone XR.
iPhone IMEI Unlock is expensive in general but when it comes to the latest iPhone model, the cost is skyrocketed. Of course, there is no other way if the Mobile Network rejected your SIM Unlock Request. Or maybe, there is?
The best way to unlock iPhone XR
I am into iPhone Unlocking for so many years now and some things that look natural to me are not common knowledge.
- Carrier’s SIM Unlock Services exist but while it is way easier to use them than before (trust me on this) most people fail because of technicalities they might miss. You are not obligated to be an iPhone unlock expert to use a Mobile Network’s services.
- iPhone IMEI Unlock is great but very expensive. In my opinion, you should only use it only when you are 100% sure that your iPhone XR can’t be unlocked through the Carrier.
So, I found this service, the iPhone SIM Unlock Request which combines everything I pinpointed together and I really believe it is a one-way ticket to unlock iPhone XR or any iPhone model.
- They will IMEI check your iPhone to ensure if it is eligible for SIM Unlocking
- Based on the IMEI Check Results the will tell you how to unlock your iPhone XR
- They can take care of the locking Carrier’s SIM Unlock Services
- Only if Mobile Network’s iPhone Unlock Services are not compatible with your iPhone, they will suggest you the most economical Factory Unlock Solution