Unlocking a Telstra iPhone or any other Smartphone is the easiest thing. It is even faster from an AT&T USA Unlock Request.
It will literally takes you 2 minutes, which includes finding and typing the IMEI number of your iPhone.
Unlock Telstra iPhone through Telstra’s Unlock Request Tool
First of all, if you own an iPhone 5 or newer model as part of a plan, then you do not need to request an unlock from Telstra, since those devices are ALREADY UNLOCKED.
They already state that to their website (Support Telstra forum):
“All iPhone 5 models and newer obtained as a part of a plan are already unlocked. You can insert another mobile provider’s SIM card. (Model already unlocked include the iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 and 7 Plus models.)”
If your iPhone 5 or newer still has issues to use a different SIM-Card, you should proceed with an Unlock through iTunes (It is basically an iOS Restore procedure).
Have in mind that Telstra has a fee for Pre-Paid iPhones, which is between $27.5 to $150. The Online form will inform you about the price though.
They state the following:
You can unlock your Telstra Pre-Paid mobile, iPhone or mobile broadband devices, so it works on another network – but if you’ve had it activated on the Telstra network for less than two years, we charge:
- $80 for devices never activated or only active for six months or less
- $25 for devices activated for six months to 2 years.
- After two years, we don’t charge an unlocking fee
Step 1: Telstra Unlocking Procedure
Have in mind that iPhones that are Blacklisted will not get unlocked through their Online Telstra Unlocking tool for obvious reasons.
- Go to their Online Unlock Request form
- and type your iPhone’s IMEI number to the IMEI field
Once you hit submit, you will get 3 possible replies.
Step 2: Finalizing Telstra iPhone Unlock Request
If your iPhone is Eligible for an unlock without any fees, you will get a confirmation message which will inform you that in 72 hour the Unlock will be completed and that you should connect your Apple iPhone to iTunes and finalise the Unlock Process.
If your iPhone is a Pre-Paid one, you will see a message with the unlocking fee estimation and a phone number to call.
- Dial 125 88 80 if calling from a Telstra phone
- Dial 13 22 00 if calling from a non-Telstra phone
- Dial +61 439 125 888 if calling from overseas (please note: international charges will apply).
If there is an issue with your iPhone, you will receive the following message:
To this case, we suggest performing an IMEI Blacklist status check to see if there is a Lost, Stolen, Fraud or Financial issue with your iPhone.
In most cases, this is the reason of that message.
Conclusion on How to Unlock Telstra iPhone
- If your iPhone is 2 or more years old activated on Telstra network and not Blacklisted, then you can easily and quickly request a Telstra SIM Unlock from them without paying anything. Within 3 days, your iPhone will be unlocked and you can start using it with any network you want.
- If your iPhone is a Pre-Paid one, then the price for unlocking it through Telstra can get up to $150. This fee only makes sense if you have one of the latest iPhone models. For older ones, an IMEI Telstra Unlock service is recommended, which is very cheap (Only $29.95).
- If you are not able to finalize the unlock through Telstra, then an IMEI Check will help you to find the reasons behind it and if there is alternative solution (Only $8).
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.