IMEI Blacklist Check is only a part of a Full iPhone IMEI Check Service which reveals an iPhone’s Blacklist Status. As you will soon find out, this info is vital.
What they do not say about Blacklisted iPhones
Before I show you what a Blacklist IMEI Check really is and how it will help you, it is really important to understand what Blacklist really is.
Most IMEI Checkers claim that it is a list of IMEI numbers which were reported as lost or stolen to a Mobile Network by the original owner. So far so good, but this is not all of it.
First of all, it is not just “a list”. We are talking about the GSMA IMEI Database. It is a global IMEI Database all Wireless Networks and cell phone manufacturers use to verify all devices’ authenticity, functionality and Blacklist Status.
Now about the blacklist status. An iPhone gets blacklisted as soon as:
- It is reported as lost or stolen as already explained
- It is reported as FRAUD to authorities due to an illegal purchase or a criminal activity
- It is flagged as Replaced due to an illegitimate Hardware Replacement or an Insurance Claim
If any of the above applies, the phone is blacklisted and you will not be able to use it with any local operator inside the country it is blacklisted.
IMEI Blacklist Check info
A legitimate IMEI Blacklist Checker will deliver a report containing the following pieces of information:
- Blacklist Status: Blacklisted or CLEAN
- Why it was blacklisted
- Which Mobile Network blacklisted it
- Inside which country
This info will determine if your iPhone is blacklisted if it can be unlocked and how. You can find everything about Blacklisted iPhone Unlock here.
Why Blacklist IMEI Check is so important
So, a blacklisted iPhone is useless inside the country it was blacklisted. But an IMEI blacklist check is mandatory:
- To all of you who have already bought a refurbished blacklisted iPhone but you can’t make calls because you get the “No Service” message. Now you can determine if it possible to unblacklist or SIM Unlock your iPhone and of course, how to do so
- Before buying a used iPhone. After all, you wouldn’t be in this sad situation if you have checked the refurbished iPhone before the purchase
- Second-hand phone retailers who want to provide fully functional mobile phones to their customers
About Free IMEI Blacklist Checkers
You can find countless IMEI Checkers which offer Blacklist Checks for free. DON’T USE THEM. Seriously!
- None of them have access to GSMA Databases. In order to obtain access, you need to pay and be an official partner
- The results are not accurate. After all, they are extracted from private databases (or this is what they claim)
- All of them tell you that they will only show you if an iPhone is lost or stolen. But I already explained that this is just one of the reasons of getting blacklisted. This is just another hint that they don’t have real access to GSMA servers.
On the other hand, there are a few Free IMEI Blacklist Check Providers like DeviceCheckCanada which is an official government site of Canada. But to tell you the truth, this is the only one I know.
Bottom line: Get a Full IMEi Check in order to reveal the true iPhone Lock Status.