Coolstar’s latest version of Electra finally managed to jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 this week. This news was music to my ears, so get ready to jailbreak our 64 bit iPhones, iPads, and iPods.
Electra Jailbreak iOS 3.3.1 Guide: Step by step process
Electra 1131 is the key of iOS 11 jail break. It took a few months of further development but the latest version was released on the first week of July and I will show you how to use it and jailbreak your iPhone at ease.
Before you jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 using Electra1131
- Download Electra1131 with the latest IPA file.
There are two versions available, one for paid developer accounts and another for free Apple IDs. The only difference between them is that the first has increased success ratio, so no worries.
- A 64-bit iPhone
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iOS 11.3.1
In fact, you can use Electra to jailbreak all iOS versions from iOS 11.2 to iOS 11.3.1
- A PC with Windows or a Mac with macOS
- The iTunes latest version.
- Cydia Impactor latest version
- An Apple Developer ID. Free or paid version.
11.3.1 iOS Jailbreak process
- Backup your iPhone in iTunes. We don’t want to lose any precious data!
- Connect your iOS 11.2-11.3.1 iPhone to your computer.
- Enable Airplane Mode and disable Siri.
- Reboot your iPhone.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and drag the Electra1331 into it.
- Enter your Apple ID when requested and wait until Electra1131 is loaded.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Select your Apple ID and then tap Trust when prompted (2 times)
- Go to the Home Screen and launch Electra (there is an Electra icon).
- Make sure Tweaks option is ON
- Press Jailbreak to initiate the Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 process.
- After a while, your iPhone will respring automatically.
- When it’s turned on, start Electra and press Jailbreak again to finish the procedure.
- If everything went smooth, you successfully jailbroke iOS 11.1.3 and Cydia icon is now appearing on your Home Screen. Well done!
- If you can’t see the Cydia icon then launch Electra again and press Jailbreak. It may take a few tries before you manage to jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 but it will happen, don’t worry. (It took me 4 attempts)
If you are more of a video type, check out this Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 tutorial by iCrackUriDevice.
How to fix Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 errors
Some visitors reported that they experienced the issues below when they tried Electra to Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1:
- rootfs remount
- Error: exploit
- Error:amfid patch
- iPhone keeps rebooting without installing Cydia after multiple tries
- Cydia keeps crashing
Here are a few Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 tips that will help you solve these errors.
- rootfs remount error fix
Delete iOS Software update and then launch Electra1131.
Go to General > iPhone Storage > iOS xx.x.xx and select Delete Update. (you will do that twice because there is a confirmation pop up).
Some visitors also suggested installing tvOS which prevent automatic firmware updates.
- Deactivate Find My iPhone and Passcode and relaunch Electra.
- To turn off your Passcode go to Settings > Face ID and Passcode (it may be Touch ID and Passcode) and disable it.
- To turn off FMI go to Settings > ”name” > iCloud > Find My iPhone and deactivate it.Don’t forget to activate both of them again when you complete the iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak.
- Cydia Crashing Fix
If Cydia is not functional, jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 again (and again) until it stops doing that. It happened to my best friend and he was able to fix it with 2 more jailbreak tries.
- Black Screen after jailbreak stage 2/3
This is not really an issue. Just Hard Reset your iPhone and the Cydia icon will appear on your Home Screen.
Did you manage to jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 with Electra? Do you know another way to jailbreak iOS 11?
Leave a comment below and until next time, take care iPhone Unlockers!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: