- 1 How to unlock an iPhone 2018 Guide
- 2 Step 2: How to unlock your iPhone
- 2.1 How to unlock an iPhone when it is eligible for Network Unlocking
- 2.2 How to unlock an iPhone with a third-party iPhone Unlock service
- 3 The best way to unlock an iPhone
- 4 Our conclusion on “How to Unlock iPhone” solutions:
In this post, we will cover multiple solutions on How to Unlock an iPhone. The focus will be on the SIM Locks of an iPhone, and the goal to successfully apply an iPhone Unlocking solution.
How to unlock an iPhone 2018 Guide
Many things have changed to the iPhone Unlocking topic in the latest years. iPhone Unlock Methods, Network Unlock Policies, Legal Complications, and iPhone Model incompatibilities.
Get a full iPhone SIM-Lock, Network, Blacklist, iCloud, Financial & Contract status IMEI Check report instantly to Unlock your iPhone Legally & Permanently.
It is extremely easy to get confused and take a wrong turn when you dealing with a locked iPhone but no matter what, we will guide you through the whole iPhone Unlocking process and provide you all valid and Legal iPhone Unlock services so you can remove the SIM Lock once and for all.
Step 1: iPhone IMEI Check
The very first mistake most people do is trying to Carrier unlock an iPhone without IMEI checking it first. Since you are reading this article, you belong in one of these two categories of iPhone Unlockers.
- You are the original owner of an iPhone
- You bought a refurbished SIM Locked iPhone
What most people don’t get is that Mobile Networks have different iPhone Unlock policies and they develop them in such a way so it will be extremely difficult to unlock your phone even if you are the original owner.
But a Cellular Network SIM Unlock policy is a minor issue compared to a ton of others which can void any iPhone Unlock process.
iPhone IMEI Check info
Before you even think about iPhone Unlocking, an IMEI lookup will reveal all possible obstacles.
- SIM Lock Status:
Believe it or not, many people try to unlock an already unlocked iPhone. When you get the SIM Not Supported message it doesn’t necessarily mean that the iPhone is locked. There are three ways to check if your iPhone is simlocked but IMEI checking is the best one without any doubt.
Locking Wireless Network Identification:
Knowing if your iPhone is network locked is one thing but which Carrier locked it is the most important. Any iPhone Unlock method requires the locking network.
A huge issue among iPhone Unlockers. When an iPhone gets blacklisted (stolen, lost replaced, fraud, pending contract bills) you won’t be able to use any SIM Card inside the country it was blacklisted. A blacklisted iPhone can be unlocked or even unblacklisted but it won’t be a walk in the park. You should always trust iPhone Unlocking experts in this situation.
iCloud Activation Lock Status:
Getting an iCloud Locked iPhone is maybe the worst case scenario. iCloud iPhone Unlock is possible but only through Apple Support or the original owner.
As long as an iPhone is under contract with the previous owner then he holds the right to report it as stolen or lost to his Telecoms Network and blacklist it. Or just stop paying his monthly tariff with the same outcome
Financial Balance Status:
Before buying a used iPhone you should always check for bills left unpaid from the previous owner. And there is no other way to do so without an IMEI Check
It’s almost like an under contract iPhone. An active warranty gives the owner the right to ask for a replacement after reporting it as lost or stolen.
Replaced Serial/IMEI Status:
If you wonder what is a replaced IMEI number then let me elaborate. There is an illegal iPhone Unlock procedure that involves hardware replacement (usually the motherboard in order to accomplish a fake SIM Unlocked result.
The outcome is always this: Maybe for a few weeks or even a couple of months the iPhone will be Carrier Unlocked BUT it will be flagged as replaced and becomes blacklisted because the unauthorized replacement is reflected on the IMEI number (which was also changed)
How to get an IMEI Check for your iPhone
I believe I made totally clear that without all the above data, your chances of successful iPhone unlocking are extremely low (not to say ZERO).
PRO tip: Next time, think about using an IMEI Check Service BEFORE you buy a second-hand iPhone
Step 2: How to unlock your iPhone
After the IMEI Check, you are ready for iPhone Unlocking because:
- You are sure that your iPhone can be SIM unlocked
- If it can’t then you know the exact problems and how to deal with them without using needless services
Based on the iPhone IMEI Check Results, this is how you unlock an iPhone.
How to unlock an iPhone when it is eligible for Network Unlocking
This is the best possible situation. The IMEI Check report ensures the compatibility of your iDevice for a SIM Lock Removal Request from the blocking Carrier.
No matter if you are the original owner or not you should contact the Mobile Network and ask for iPhone Unlock. You have earned it.
We strongly believe that contacting your Lock carrier and send a Network Lock Removal request should be your first step.
Generally, the Network Lock Removal request is either FREE or has very small fees. The fees will only apply IF the unlock request is accepted by the Mobile Network, so the actual request is free of charge.
But there is a good chance that the Wireless Network refuse to unlock your iPhone even when everything is alright.
— Details about how Mobile Networks react to iPhone Unlocking requests —
— You can skip this part if you are too bored to read it —
There is something called “Unlocking Commitment” which is forced to all Mobile Networks. What basically does is to instruct ALL Mobile Networks to develop their devices in such a way, so they can get unlocked if the customer requests it.
Now, this is something that most (if not ALL!) Mobile Networks do not really want, so they have the right to create their own rules and procedures, in order for a subscriber to request a Network Lock Removal. Those rules are complicated and the subscriber has one try per year. The reason behind this complicated and “stupid” procedure is to discourage people from requesting an unlock and increase the chances for a rejection from their side (So the subscriber will stay with their services for one extra year).
But there is a solution. Keep on reading (and rocking if possible)
How to unlock an iPhone with a third-party iPhone Unlock service
So, the Carrier rejected your SIM Deactivation request or your iPhone can’t be unlocked through the Cellular Network’s iPhone Unlock services.
Now it is the right time to use an iPhone Unlock Company. But is iPhone Unlocking legal or remains “shady”?Do not get “very” alarmed with the phrase “shady” that I used, since nowadays, you can get your iPhone unlocked legally. It is approved by Apple and ALL Mobile Networks worldwide.
There was a period when some countries (Including USA I believe) were against iPhone Unlocking, but those days are long gone.
How to unlock an iPhone with Software SIM Unlock Method
This is maybe the first iPhone unlock method ever developed. Do not confuse it with all the other Software iPhone Unlock scams. Only this is the real deal.
Software iPhone Unlock through Jailbreaking is solid and free but:
- It is an Outdated iPhone unlocking method
- Only iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs & iPhone 4 are supported
- It is functional up to iOS 6.1.6 (for iPhone 4 only up to iOS 4.3.5)
- First, you Jailbreak your iDevice, then you download the software unlocking tool [yellowsn0w, Ultrasn0w, BootNeuter or blacksn0w] from Cydia and finally reboot your iPhone.
How to unlock your iPhone with Hardware Network Unlock Method
While this iPhone Unlock option is still usable I would not recommend it.
- Supported iPhone models: All iPhone models, except iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8+
- How it works: Purchase a specially designed SIM-Card (R-SIM, X-SIM, Gevey, etc.) and squeeze it with your SIM-Card to the sim tray.
- If you are the original owner it will void Apple Warranty or AppleCare+
- Dangers: Permanent damage to your SIM-Tray and SIM-Card. Over 65% failure rate. Low voice Quality & sudden call drops.
How to unlock an iPhone with IMEI iPhone unlocking Method
If you asked me two years ago about Factory iPhone unlock I would say that it is the best SIM Unlocking service. But unfortunately, it is 2018 and Wireless Networks found ways to cripple it.
- IMEI iPhone unlock Services are still active
- Supported iPhone models: All iPhone models
- You need to know which network is locking your iPhone, purchase a specific iPhone unlock service for this carrier, provide the IMEI number to a third party iPhone unlock provider and pay this service.
- Dangers: There is a good chance that the iPhone gets relocked.
The best way to unlock an iPhone
The Network Lock removal request procedure is being “sabotaged” by the Carriers since they want to avoid losing their subscribers (And lose money!). Those policies are constantly changing which means that your attempt for a Network Lock removal request will most likely fail.
The best approach will be to authorize a company with experience on Network Lock Removal requests, in order to be 100% sure that the due process will be followed.
There is always one iPhone Unlock provider that comes to my mind when you require legal and successful iPhone Unlocking solutions and it is iPhoneUnlock.Zone.
Their SIM Unlocking experts know all the dirty tricks of Cellular Networks’ Unlock Policies and how they manage to deceive their customers with extensive paperwork or strange carrier unlocking requirements.
When you trust iPhoneUnlock.Zone for iPhone Unlocking then this is what happens:
- You will provide them with your IMEI Check Report through their questions when you initiate the iPhone Unlock process.
- If you didn’t IMEI Check your iPhone don’t worry because they can also do it for you.
- Based on the results they will first contact the Wireless Network and negotiate your SIM Unlock Request
- If this fails then they will try any other legal and trusted iPhone Unlock Method
- If they don’t manage to unlock your iPhone you will be refunded
Benefits of using a Network Unlock Request service:
- Be 100% sure that the due process will be followed
- Increase your chances for a successful iPhone Unlocking
- Be part of an Official, Legal and Legitimate procedure
- Get the unlock confirmation from the Mobile Network (Not from a third party company)
- Get your iPhone Unlocked permanently
- Save time since you do not have to get involved at all with the whole procedure
Our conclusion on “How to Unlock iPhone” solutions:
- Always Perform an iPhone IMEI lookup
- Software iPhone Unlock can be used up to iPhone 4
- Hardware iPhone Unlock does not have guaranteed results
- IMEI iPhone Unlock is an expensive solution & there is a re-lock possibility (Use it only as a last resort)
- Network Lock Removal Request procedure is permanent and it should be assigned to experts for increasing the success rate
You now know all the available iPhone unlocking methods and you know How to unlock your iPhone permanently and legally. Pick the one that best suits you!
Leave a comment below if you still have questions about iPhone Unlocking and we will be more than glad to help you. Until next time, take care iPhone Unlockers.