Apple GSX is a database that has all the important information required in order to figure out the iPhone’s current status. This article is going to cover all significant details about how you can use Apple GSX for iPhone IMEI check and unlock.
Apple GSX is basically a tool which is used by Apple partners to provide service business worldwide. This tool is capable of order management, repair, and single service. GSX Web Services is a data exchange used by Apple partners so that they can integrate all their applications with GSX. OnSite provides you instant access to the to the GSX database for warranty and service parts check. You just need to enter the IMEI number of the phone and OnSite will access the database and return the warranty status and list of parts that can be ordered for the device.
GSX account is required for Lightspeed OnSite. Apple recommends you to set up a new GSX account for warranty and parts lookup. Furthermore, you need to make a request that the “Can Access Web Services” is added to your GSX account by Apple.
How to setup a GSX Account?
- To request a GSX account, you need to have a unique Apple ID. If you do not have one, create it.
- Next, apply for GSX to SoldTo account in GSX.
- Make sure that the Apple ID has access to GSX under SoldTo.
- To have the API access enabled, submit the request form by selecting the Production Environment. The user ID entered should be the same which was entered in previous steps. Now enter the GSX account info.
- Environment: GSX Production.
- APIs Required: PartsLookup, WarrantyStatus.
- In the Notes, field include the wordsLightspeed OnSite GSX Setup
You can choose to create a specific account as this account is shared by all the users who do warranty lookups. Can Access Web Services must be enabled by Apple Service Provider in the account so that OnSite can authenticate securely the GSX server.
When someone buys an iPhone or looking for an iPhone, his first action is to check the IMEI status of the phone immediately to make sure it is unlocked and not reported as blacklisted. IMEI check requires the 15 digit IMEI number of the iPhone (which all iPhones have) to determine the status of the phone instantly. The IMEI check service uncovers the following information
- iPhone’s hidden issues
- iPhone’s SIM lock status
- Blacklist status
- Which network blacklisted or blocked the iPhone
- iPhone’s original specs including the color, model, serial number, storage etc
- Warranty status
- iCloud lock status
- Insurance claims
- Contract status
- IMEI/SERIAL replacement status
All this information which is provided by the IMEI check service is actually stored in the Apple GSX and Carrier’s Server. You make a request for IMEI check to the IMEI service, and it retrieves data from the Apple GSX database and presents it to you.
|IMEI:||The only info you have to provide|
|ICCID:||Also, known as iPhone UDID number|
|TableModel:||iPhone model, color, storage, Carrier|
|Unlocked:||True or False|
|Unbricked:||True or False|
|Activation Status:||Yes or No|
|First Unbricked Date:||The first time a SIM card worked with this iPhone|
|Last Unbricked Date:||The last time a SIM card worked with this iPhone|
|Warranty Status:||Apple Limited Warranty or AppleCare+ or none|
|Warranty Status Days Remaining:|
|Sold To:||Mobile Network service|
|Initial Activation Policy:||Policy, Carrier & country|
|Applied Activation Policy:||Policy, Carrier & country|
|Next Tether Policy (Carrier):|
|Sim Lock: Unlocked||Locked or Unlocked|
|Find My iPhone:||ON or OFF|
There is some more information which is extracted from the Carrier’s database server.
Check some real samples of GSX Reports:
Apple GSX and iPhone Unlock
You can unlock your iPhone through 2 different methods. First is to contact the carrier that actually locked the iPhone and make a request for unlocking. But this procedure takes time and involves a lot of paperwork. There is also a possibility that if the iPhone is restored, you may not be able to get all the necessary information required for the process to complete and might even need the serial number of the previous owner. So this method has a few limitations which make it less appealing.
Another most reliable method for unlocking the iPhone is the Official iPhone Unlock. This method is also approved by Apple. This method includes accessing the Apple GSX Database and changing iPhone’s SIM lock status from “Locked” to “Unlocked”.
Why use Apple GSX for Unlocking the iPhone?
Are you wondering why you should go for Apple GSX method over others and how it more convenient for you? Let me explain to you the benefits of this method!
- This method makes sure to unlock the iPhone to all networks or carriers
- It is approved by Apple Inc. and all other mobile networks
- It is not going to make Apple warranty and insurance invalid
- All iPhone functions will work perfectly fine with this method
- Apple GSX Unlocking method can be used on jailbroken iPhones
- This method supports Paypal, so it is easy for anyone to use
- Blacklisted phone owners can also use Apple GSX Unlocking method
Finally, after reading all about Apple GSX, you must be cleared about what Apple GSX really is? What does it do? How can you use it? And why you should choose it over others? If you still have a question in mind, please do not hesitate to reach our experts.