Refurbished iPhones are a really good deal in order to save money but you can find yourself spending more in the end in order to finally use it, simply because the used iPhone you purchased is locked to an unknown Carrier. So, an IMEI Carrier check will save you from all troubles before and after you get a locked iPhone. Let’s find out how.
Why and how to use IMEI Carrier Check
If you have never bought a used iPhone, you might be wondering why someone doesn’t know which Carrier is locking an iPhone. But when you deal with a refurbished iPhone there are 2 ways to determine if the iPhone is locked but neither of them will show to which Carrier.
Of course, the IMEI Carrier Check is just a part of a full iPhone IMEI Check Service, yet remains the most important piece of information because you can’t Carrier Unlock an iPhone without identifying the locking Carrier.
The IMEI number of the iPhone is the only requirement of an IMEI Checker
IMEI Carrier Check before buying a used iPhone
Refurbished product descriptions at online markets can’t be trusted. An IMEI Carrier Check is extremely useful before you buy a used iPhone.
- It will show you if an iPhone is unlocked
- If it isn’t, it will reveal the Locking Mobile Carrier
This info can be used in various ways. Unlocked used iPhones are significantly more expensive than the locked ones.
You will know if the extra money you pay for the SIM Unlocked status is well placed but you can go beyond that and go for an iPhone that is already locked to your Carrier saving more money in the end.
iPhone Unlock IMEI Carrier Check
But IMEI Carrier Check benefits don’t stop even after you got a locked iPhone. In fact, in this case, the IMEI info is necessary in order to unlock the phone.
- First of all, if you are notified that the iPhone is unlocked then your iPhone might be Blacklisted or have a hardware issue.
- In case it’s locked, contacting the locking Carrier is your first move. Your iPhone might fulfill the SIM Unlock Policy of the network and this means that you will be able to unlock it through their iPhone Unlock Services for free. And now you know which Carrier to contact.
- In case of rejection or even if you are determined to use a third party iPhone Unlock service like Factory Unlock, all of them require the identity of the locking Carrier. If they aren’t then they just IMEI Check the iPhone on their own.
I believe I established the importance of an IMEI Carrier Check but is this enough?
As I said from the beginning of this post, it is just a small part of a Full IMEI Check Service which also exposes:
- Blacklist Status
- Find My iPhone Status
- iCloud Status
- Contract Status
- Financial Balance Status
- Warranty Status
- Replaced IMEI/Serial Status
- iPhone Specs
This info will show you if an iPhone is locked, if it can be unlocked and most importantly: How to unlock it.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: