- 1 What is the SIM Lock?
- 2 Step by Step Guide of How to unlock any iPhone
- 2.1 How to unlock any iPhone as an original owner
- 2.2 How to unlock a refurbished iPhone
- 2.2.1 What is a FULL IMEI Check Service
- 3 How do I get a Full IMEI Check Report and unlock any iPhone
- 4 How to unlock any iPhone with a third-party unlock company
- 5 How to Unlock any iPhone: The Conclusion
How to unlock any iPhone, with any Carrier and in any Country is one of most common questions iPhone users ask. A few years ago there were quite a few options but nowadays the vast majority of iPhone Unlocking requests is processed through Mobile Network’s Unlocking services. But the real question is if your iPhone is eligible for unlocking.
What is the SIM Lock?
As soon as you buy a new iPhone, it will get simlocked to the Carrier you are using. SIM Lock feature was integrated with all iPhones and Wireless Networks make sure that you won’t be able to use other Carrier’s SIM Cards even when your contract is terminated. But who is looking for iPhone Unlock solutions?
Get a full iPhone SIM-Lock, Network, Blacklist, iCloud, Financial & Contract status IMEI Check report instantly to Unlock your iPhone Legally & Permanently.
- Individuals who want to cancel their current contract and sign a new one with another network
- People who don’t want to renew their contract with the same Carrier when it is expired
- iPhone Users who want to use multiple SIM cards from any Carrier. Especially useful for those who travel abroad.
- Unlucky folks who bought a refurbished iPhone and found out that it is Network locked. In this case there a greater number of issues like blacklist Status and iCloud Activation Lock that can create even bigger problems
Step by Step Guide of How to unlock any iPhone
There are two types of iPhone owners. The original ones and those who bought a second-hand iPhone via online market (eBay, Amazon, Graigslist, etc), local retailer or personal transaction.
How to unlock any iPhone as an original owner
If you are the original owner of the iPhone then you will have no problems in unlocking your iDevice. As long as you contract bills are up to date, your Wireless Network will SIM Unlock your iPhone for free or for a small fee in a few business days. Just contact your Carrier.
Every Mobile Network has it’s own iPhone Unlocking Policy but at the end of the day, they are pretty much the same. All Carrier’s will certainly require:
- Outstanding Financial Balance
- A certain amount of time spent on contract
- The iPhone must be CLEAN or in other words, it can’t be blacklisted
But what can you do when you bought a used iPhone and you can’t use your SIM card. Are you sure that it is SIMlocked? Or maybe there are other hidden issues that stop you from using it.
How to unlock a refurbished iPhone
In this case, there is no Mobile Network to contact. Do you know which Carrier is locking the iPhone you are holding in your hands?
Refurbished iPhone Unlocking starts with a Full IMEI Check and nothing else. But let me explain.
What is a FULL IMEI Check Service
If SIM Lock was the only problem an iPhone might have then things would be quite simple. But there are so many other issues, impossible to find them out with a naked eye and the only way to uncover them is to get an IMEI Check Report. This report will show you:
iPhone’s SIM Lock Status
Find out if your iPhone is network locked or not
iPhone’s Locking Carrier Identification
If your used iPhone is proven to be sim locked then you need to know which Wireless Network Locked it.
iPhone’s Blacklist Status
In case of an iPhone:
- is reported as lost or stolen
- has unpaid contract bills
- is involved in fraudulent activities
- had its IMEI number replaced
then it gets blacklisted. As long as an iPhone remains blacklisted, you won’t be able to use it with any Mobile Network. Only when the blacklist restriction is lifted you will be able to operate this iPhone.
iPhone’s Contract Status
It is extremely important to know if the iPhone remains on contract with the previous owner. Pending Contract bills lead to getting the iPhone blacklisted.
iPhone’s Warranty Status
If the iPhone is protected by Apple warranty, Apple Care or Insurance plan with the previous owner then there is always the danger of blacklisted status due to lost, stolen or replacement reasons.
iPhone’s iCloud Activation Lock Status
The worst fear when you buy a used iPhone is the iCloud Lock. Only the original owner can deactivate it and you won’t be able to use the iPhone at all until he does so. Find My iPhone is a huge issue but there is a procedure to follow and remove iCloud Lock. But don’t try any kind of iCloud Lock Remover Software because none of them works.
iPhone’s Replaced IMEI/Serial Number Status
There is an iPhone Hardware exploit you can use and unlock it. Shady retailers replace a locked iPhone’s motherboard with a new one and sell it as unlocked. Unfortunately, a few days or even weeks later Apple will track down the scam and blacklist this iPhone. So, the IMEI Check report will show you the original IMEI number and the Serial number of the iPhone and of course if they were replaced.
How do I get a Full IMEI Check Report and unlock any iPhone
The data you will get is only accessible by Apple, Carriers and third-party official partners through Apple’s GSX Database and this is why there is no other way to acquire them.
Am I ready to unlock my iPhone?
If the IMEI Check Report showed that SIM Lock is the only issue then yes. Like an original owner, get in touch with the Mobile Network that is locking your iPhone and request their SIMlock Removing Services. Of course, you can leave this process to Unlockspector and just wait for a few days until your iPhone gets unlocked.
On top of that, if the iPhone is not eligible for unlocking they will advise you what to do next.
How to unlock any iPhone with a third-party unlock company
If the Carrier refuses to unlock your iPhone or you have other issues which I explained in detail, there are third-party iPhone Unlocking options but you have to beware.
The iPhone Software Unlock Method
This method was free and functional until iOS 6.1.6 with iPhone model and firmware restrictions. It required Jailbreaking and downloading unlocking software like ultasn0w from Cydia. Whoever tells you that he offers a special hacking software for iOS 7 or newer version then he is trying to scam you.
The iPhone Hardware Unlocking Method
Also an outdated iPhone SIM Lock Removing Method. It requires you to buy a custom SIM card (like R-SIM or X-SIM) and squeeze it alongside with your own SIM Card inside the iPhone’s SIM Tray. It worked until iPhone 5 with many restrictions and almost always you were ended up with a destroyed iPhone.
YouTube iPhone Unlock Tutorials
A really dangerous road to follow. Most of them are click baits and won’t do you any harm except wasting your time. But other ones are pure toxic and have a secret agenda
For example, this video above promises unlock your iPhone Carrier FREE in 2 Minutes with this Trick and use any SimCard. If you try this then guess what: It won’t work. But the problem is that this and similar YouTube Posts exist only to take your email so they can send junk mail or even hack it.
The Official IMEI Unlock Method
Only two years ago, I would tell you that this method works perfectly fine with all iPhones and Mobile Networks but unfortunately, in 2018 IMEI Official Unlock (aka Factory Unlock Method) works only for a few Carriers. But at least it’s still functional.
How to Unlock any iPhone: The Conclusion
- Get a Full IMEI Check before you proceed with iPhone Unlocking.
- If you purchased a used SIM-locked iPhone you won’t be able to gather the necessary info in order to unlock it
- Contact the Wireless Network that locks your iPhone is eligible for SIM Unlocking
- If you have issues like iCloud Activation Lock or Blacklist Status or you simply can’t deal with the Mobile Network seek help in trusted iPhone Unlock Providers like iPhoneUnlock.Zone. They will get in talks with the locking Carrier and offer you totally legal iPhone Unlock, iCloud Unlock, and Unbar Services whenever they can be applied.
I hope this article helped you understand how to unlock any iPhone with legal and 100% certified SIM Unlocking methods. Leave a comment below and tell me your experience with iPhone unlocking. What went wrong? Did you find this article helpful?
Until next time, take care iPhone Unlockers!