Welcome to the USA iPhone Unlock page of UltraSnow. Here you will find all US Carriers, their SIM Unlock Policies and how to unlock your iPhone successfully without spending hundreds of dollars on an IMEI Unlock Service.
I will tell you a few things about iPhone SIM unlock, how to use it wisely and how to take advantage of your IMEI number and use ONLY it to unlock your iPhone in 72 hours max in the USA and everywhere else in the world.
The total guide to USA iPhone Unlock
No matter if it is the first time you try to unlock an iPhone or you have already had a small or bigger experience with SIM Unlocking the question remains the same: Which is the best way to unlock an iPhone?
There are various iPhone Unlock methods but there are many aspects to take into account.
So, how can you unlock an iPhone like a boss and avoid any possible scam or spending money on a needless (or worthless) service?
The iPhone SIM Unlock Request option
All Wireless Networks and iPhone Unlock Providers don’t want you to try the most obvious solution: Ask your Carrier to unlock your iPhone.
Every USA Mobile network has a different SIM Unlock Policy but all of them are developed in a way to confuse the user and make iPhone Unlocking seemingly impossible. With various Unlocking Departments, extensive paperwork and technical terms it’s not accidental why only a few follow this path.
On the other hand, iPhone Unlock Companies want to take a ridiculous amount of money since day 1, offering expensive IMEI Unlock Services without telling you if your iPhone can be unlocked through the Carrier which is currently locking it. On top of that, you will have to wait for at least 10 days to learn if your iPhone was unlocked.
So, this is what we propose instead for USA iPhone Unlock:
USA iPhone Unlock and Carrier Unlock Policies
Track your Mobile Network below, find out what it takes to unlock it on your own or use the SIM Unlock Request which requires only your IMEI number and it will unlock your iPhone in 72 hours through the Carrier saving you money, time and stress in the process.
- The iPhone can’t be blacklisted (reported lost or stolen, or involved with fraud)
- A Completed AT&T contract or installment plan (including early termination fees). Otherwise, you must pay off your installment plan early and make another unlock request in 24 hours.
- Make sure that the iPhone isn’t active on another AT&T account.
- In case of an early upgrade, you must wait for 14 days or 30 days if you have a business account.
- The AT&T service must be active for at least 60 days with no past due or unpaid balance.
- Verify that your AT&T PREPAIDSM iPhone was active for 6 months minimum
- Email your temporary or permanent change of station (TCS or PCS) military documents for eligibility, if applicable. If you’re on active duty, you don’t have to complete your installment plans or contracts.
- Business-owned iPhones require the company’s permission
AT&T won’t charge you for using their SIM Unlock Service
- Sprint Postpaid Devices
- The device must be eligible for SIM Unlock
- The iPhone must be active on Sprint network for 50 days minimum
- Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled before the SIM unlock is completed.
- The account’s Financial Balance must be in good standing
- The iPhone cannot be blacklisted (reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activities, or flagged as replaced,etc.)
- Sprint Forward Devices
- Blacklisted iPhones won’t be SIM Unlocked
- The iPhone must be active on Sprint Network for at least 12 months
- Inactive Devices
- Contact Sprint Customer Care to request iPhone SIM unlock. Eligible iDevices may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Additional proof may be required to ensure eligibility.
- Unlocking for military personnel
- You must be an active member of the United States military or a family member as deployed personnel.
- Overseas deployment papers
- You must be a Sprint customer and able to verify that you are the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
- No pending contract bills
- 2 SIM Unlock Requests per year
Sprint won’t charge you in order to SIM Unlock your iPhone.
- For Sprint postpaid iPhone SIM Unlock contact 888-211-4727
- For Sprint Forward iPhone SIM Unlock contact 855-639-4644
- The iPhone must be locked by T-mobile
- Blacklisted iPhones are not compatible with T-Mobile SIM Lock Deactivation Services
- An active contract can’t be canceled
- The Financial Balance must be in good standing.
- 2 iPhone SIM unlock Requests per year
- The device must satisfy all the Postpaid or Pay in Advance Unlocking terms outlined below.
- T-Mobile can request proof of purchase or additional information
Unlock eligibility for iPhones on Postpaid plans
- The iPhone must be active on T-Mobile for 40 days minimum before you Carrier Unlock it
- All payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full unless otherwise specified.
- If the device is on an account that is under a service contract term, at least 18 consecutive monthly payments must have been made or the account must have migrated to Simple Choice no-contract rate plan.
- A canceled account’s Financial balance must be zero, including all pending charges.
Unlock eligibility for iPhones on Prepaid plans
- The iPhone must be active on T-Mobile network for one year minimum
- If you want to SIM Unlock your iPhone earlier, the Pay in Advance account must have had more than $100 in refills since the iPhone’s first use date without including the initial activation payment.
Unlock eligibility for Military and other exceptions
- A good standing account
- Provision of deployment papers.
- Exceptions to some or all requirements may apply in other circumstances for Business and Government Accounts.
T-Mobile provides iPhone unlock codes free within 2 business days or you will be notified for further delay.
Contact T-Mobile for iPhone SIM Unlock
- Postpay Device Unlocking Policy
- Verizon doesn’t SIM Lock 4G LTE or 3G devices
- Prepaid 3G Phone-in-the-Box phones are locked to Verizon for 1 year after the first activation and they can’t use Prepaid Services for 6 months.
The one year has passed you can SIM unlock for free by dialing *611 with your phone app or calling 888.294.6804.
- 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account.
- SIM Unlocking policy for Deployed Military Personnel
Verizon will network unlock the iPhone at soldier’s request.
Verizon is one of the best USA Wireless Networks simply because it doesn’t sell simlocked iPhones and it’s easy to SIM Unlock any mobile. Visit their site for more info.
- The locked iPhone must have been activated on TracFone service for at least 1 year
- Redeemed air time cards require 1 year minimum
- The telephone number must not be recycled or ported.
- Customers must request SIM Unlock while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire. Applicable on recycled or ported telephone numbers.
- Customers must currently own a TracFone branded iPhone model launched on TracFone’s service after February 11, 2014, or activated with TracFone’s service after February 11, 2015.
- The iPhone must be in working condition.
- Blacklisted iPhones won’t be unlocked
- Deployment papers for military personnel
- Only one SIM Unlock Request per year.
You can submit an iPhone SIM Unlock Request on the link above or call 1-888-442-5102.
You can find more info about SIM Lock Removal Request on this iPhone SIM Unlock Guide which includes all countries or watch our UltraSnow YouTube Show about iPhone SIM Unlocking.
Leave a comment below if you need further help or if you want us to include a US Mobile Network we might forgot. Until next time, take care iPhone Unlockers.