UPDATED ON: 6th October 2016
Apple released its last iOS version (for the iOS 6 series), which is the 6.1.6, and it patches some SSL bugs, which were potentially harmful for you. It is safe to upgrade to the latest iOS 6 series version, because you can perform an Untethered iOS 6.1.6 Jailbreak with the combination of Redsn0w and P0sixspwn tools. If you are interested into more specific topics, please check the link below:
If you already completed the Jailbreak of your iPhone, you can perform an iPhone Unlock regardless your iOS version, quickly and permanently (Use Official IMEI Method through iPhoneUnlock.Zone).
Untethered iOS 6.1.6 Jailbreak – You can Safely Upgrade your iDevice!
The procedure is pretty much similar with the normal Redsn0w Jailbreaking tutorials, but lets see step by step the whole process!
Before proceeding, you should know that if you depend on Ultrasn0w for your software unlock, then you should better stay away from iOS 6.1.6 version (It is not updated to support that iOS yet!). Also, make sure to backup your iDevice before starting the jailbreaking procedure.
- Download the latest Redsn0w version (Redsn0w 0.9.15b3)
- Download the iOS 6.0 IPSW (Each iDevice has its own, so be extra careful of the version you will download!)
- Plug your iDevice to your computer and launch Redsn0w (as administrator)
- Click the “Extras” button and then “Select IPSW“. Browse and choose the file you downloaded at step 2.
- Redsn0w will identify it and that it will use it for the whole process.
- Go “Back” and click the “Jailbreak” button.
- Let Redsn0w to prepare itself, and in the following screen make sure to tick the “Cydia” option.
- Now, Redsn0w will ask you to put your iDevice into DFU mode (Just follow the on-screen instructions and do not get disappointed if you fail a few times!)
- After that, your iDevice should reboot and then Redsn0w will start to upload files to it.
- Once the Jailbreak is completed, click on the “Quit” button.
- Cydia will not be on your Home Screen yet, you will have to reboot your iDevice, but this is a tethered Jailbreak (so far!), so you will have to do a Tethered Boot!
Tethered boot – Untethered iOS 6.1.6 Jailbreak
- Tethered Boot: Launch Redsn0w and click on “Extras“.
- Click the “Select IPSW” and choose the file you downloaded on step 2 (from the above tutorial). Then click on “Just Boot” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions again (DFU mode), and then your iDevice will reboot.
- Wait for the process to get completed (You should see the pineapple logo to your iDevice’s screen).
- After the reboot, you will be able to see Cydia to your Home Screen
Convert Tethered to Untethered iOS 6.1.6 Jailbreak
- Launch Cydia and do the necessary upgrades (you will be probably be asked to do a few upgrades – make sure that you use WiFi or have unlimited data plan)
- On the Search tab search for “p0sixspwn“
- Tap on the “p0sixspwn“, then “Install” and then “Confirm“.
- When the “Return to Cydia” appears, tap it.
You just performed an Untethered iOS 6.1.6 Jailbreak and you will be able to use/install/download any app from Cydia!
The tricky part comes with the unlocking procedure, which can happen only with the use of the Ultrasn0w tool from Cydia. Just find it and install it! Remember, that this will work only for the iOS 6.1.6 version and for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs and 4 (Only for 1.59.00 baseband version). It will not work for an iOS 7-7.1.2 Jailbroken iPhone, because it hasn’t been updated and it does not support it!
Unlock 6.1.6 iOS iPhones with the Official IMEI Method
If you accidentally upgrade your iPhone to a newer iOS version or your iPhone model is not supported by Ultrasn0w, you can still unlock your device with the Official IMEI Method.
The main characteristics of the Official IMEI Method are: It is approved by Apple and all Mobile Networks, it has permanent unlocking results, it supports all iPhone models and all iOS/Baseband versions.
Our Tests and Research, showed us that the iPhoneUnlock.Zone provider can unlock any iPhone with any iOS version:
- IMEI Unlock is Processed Officially by Apple and this factory Unlock can be for all iPhones regardless of bootloader, baseband and iOS firmware version up to the latest iOS and beyond (if you don’t know what this means, don’t worry – it simply means they can unlock any handset).
- 48 hour unlock delivery (unless otherwise stated) over every product.
- Working with All iOS 4, iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7 , iOS 8 and always upgrade to the latest iOS (And keep your unlocking status).
- Every single feature works perfectly 100%, Fix Push Notifications, Facetime and iMessage.
- Once you unlock your iPhone you will get a notification on your device. All you have to do is connect your iPhone to iTunes to complete the unlock.
- No complicated additional software to install
- NO JAILBREAKING REQUIRED!
- You won’t lose your Jailbreak.
- Upgrade and Sync iPhones using iTunes without fear of ever being locked again.
- Your Unlock is Completed in iTunes and processed by Apple.
- You Will NOT void Apple’s warranty.
- Unlock is guaranteed , or your money back.
Visit iPhoneUnlock.Zone and Order your iPhone Unlock in just a few minutes.