Matt, a friend of UltraSnow wants to unlock a blacklisted iPhone X. This is what he sent us.
I bought a used iPhone X from OfferUp and checked that it was all working. After I sent it to another country as a gift but I was told the iPhone was blacklisted. There is no refund policy on OfferUp so, I don’t know what to do. I called Verizon and they told me the iPhone X was reported as stolen.
Why this used iPhone X was blacklisted as stolen by Verizon
First of all, I would like to thank Matt for trusting UltraSnow to find a solution to his problem. Let’s see what happened and what are your options.
I always insist that a successful used iPhone purchase is guaranteed only with an IMEI Check. Matt didn’t tell us how he checked the iPhone or which IMEI Checker he used but as you understand it wasn’t solid.
Of course, I accept that the refurbished iPhone X was working in the beginning so, what went wrong?
I can think of a couple of reasons that a used iPhone X might get blacklisted a few days or even months after you bought it
- The iPhone is still under contract with the previous owner, which means that he reported it as stolen after you bought it from OfferUp
- The iPhone is protected by an Insurance Plan, which means that the person sold you the iPhone, took your money and then reported it as stolen and got a replacement. This happens pretty often actually.
Now, since you sent this used iPhone X to another country and it is not working there, it means that the device is not only blacklisted but also SIM Locked to Verizon. I am only saying this because if an iPhone is ONLY BLACKLISTED, it will work properly outside the country it was blocked unless this country shares its Blacklisted IMEI Database with other nations. A classic example is the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Puerto Rico.
How to unlock a Verizon Blacklisted iPhone X
Thankfully, you can completely remove the Stolen Status from a Verizon Blacklisted iPhone. But let me tell you in detail what to do in order to avoid something like this to happen again.
- IMEI Check the Blacklisted iPhone to find out its full background. Keep in mind, that if the iPhone is still under contract, the original owner can report it as stolen again and again.
- As long as the IMEI Check Report show that your used iPhone X is ONLY Blacklisted and SIM Locked to Verizon, you will first use a Verizon Blacklist Removal Service and clean your iDevice.
- Now, you can contact Verizon again and you can SIM unlock your blacklisted iPhone X by dialing *611 with your phone app or calling 888.294.6804 because it’s no longer blacklisted as stolen but only Network Locked to Verizon.
Of course, you can do all of them with one click using a simple iPhone SIM Unlock Request.
This service, I strongly suggest will:
- First IMEI Check your iPhone and in 8 hours maximum will come back at you with the results
- Find you the best Verizon Blacklist Removal Service and of course, unblacklist your iPhone X
- Take care of Verizon iPhone SIM Unlock through their Carrier Unlocking Department
I hope this article helped you to unlock your Verizon Blacklisted iPhone X. Send us your questions and an article like this will be created for your specific situation. Until next time, take care, iPhone Unlockers.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2