Buying a refurbished iPhone without IMEI Checking it first is never a good idea. The worst outcome is to buy a stolen iPhone which means that it will be iCloud Locked, Blacklisted or both. In this article, I will show you how to check the real status an iPhone, how to deal with iCloud Locked and Blacklisted iDevices and finally how to sell a stolen iPhone if you still can’t use it in your country after unlocking it successfully!
Keep in mind, that this post won’t help you if you are the person who stole the iPhone, especially if the stolen iPhone is iCloud Locked (and also, I hate thieves)!
1. How to check a stolen iPhone
The damage is done and the iPhone you bought is stolen. If the iCloud Activation Lock is on, then you already see that this iDevice is stolen or lost (and maybe erased) on the iCloud Activation Lock Screen. But when the iPhone is not iCloud Locked how can you tell if it is:
- SIM Locked: 99% the iPhone is network locked but maybe there is a hardware or software issue
- Blacklisted: The original owner reported this iPhone as stolen to his/her Mobile Network
- Locking Carrier Identification: It is extremely important to know which Mobile Network blocked the iPhone and in case the iPhone is Blacklisted, the outcome of any unlocking procedure has to do with the country in which this iPhone was blacklisted
- Under Contract: The original owner still has an active network plan associated with this iPhone and this means that the iPhone legally belongs to the owner or the Mobile Network. Even if you manage to unlock it with the unlocking options I will show you later on, the iPhone can get relocked
- Protected by Apple Warranty, AppleCare+ or Insurance Plan: Another indicator of the iPhone’s original ownership that can lead to relocking
- Replaced: Maybe the original owner made an Insurance Claim and got a new iPhone as a replacement and this means that the iPhone you bought won’t be unlocked unless the original owner reports that he/she found the iPhone and return the replaced iDevice back. Also, there is a chance that this iPhone was replaced to the original owner due to a hardware or software issue by Apple.
So, you have multiple iPhone hidden issues to face and you must not proceed any further unless you make sure that this stolen iPhone is eligible for unlock and the only way to do so is getting an iPhone IMEI Check Service. ⇐click here to learn more
On top of that, this service will get you all the info you need in order to unlock or sell this stolen iPhone if you have to!
2. How to iCloud Unlock a Stolen iPhone
Now that you are aware of all the stolen iPhone’s problems, thanks to the iPhone IMEI Check Service, the first problem you need to solve is the iCloud Activation Lock (if your iPhone is not iCloud Locked continue to the next section). There is no point in SIM Unlocking a stolen iPhone if you don’t manage to iCloud Unlock it before anything else.
On the iCloud Activation Screen, you can see that the iPhone is LOST/STOLEN or ERASED but sometimes there is also a message from the original owner with contact information (phone number or email address).
In this case, do not hesitate to contact the original owner because he/she is the only person who can disable the iCloud Activation Lock (aka Find My iPhone Activation Lock). After all, you are not a thief but an individual who was also scammed by the same thief. Forget about iCloud Hacking Software because since iOS 9 none of them works.
But if there is no message from the original owner, then you need a way to find him/her and this way is the iCloud Contact Information Service! ⇐click here to learn more
This service has certified access to Apple’s iCloud Database and will get you ALL original owner’s contact Info:
If the original owner agreed to deactivate iCloud Activation Lock, then the worst part is over. Now, you are ready for stolen iPhone Unlocking!
3. How to SIM Unlock a Blacklisted Stolen iPhone
When an iPhone is Blacklisted because it was stolen, it won’t operate with any Mobile Network worldwide. The solution is a Premium IMEI Unlock Service (also known as Factory Premium Unlock Service).
This service requires:
- The IMEI number of the stolen iPhone
- The model of the stolen iPhone
- Which Carrier Blacklisted and locked the stolen iPhone
Factory Premium Unlock is the most advanced IMEI Unlock procedure and works almost the same with the CLEAN IMEI unlock method with a catch! The iPhone will be permanently Carrier Unlocked to all GSM Networks worldwide but it will remain blacklisted and this means that it will continue to be useless inside the country it was blacklisted and maybe 1-2 neighboring countries if they share their Blacklists with each other.
We constantly check and test more than 40 IMEI Unlock Providers in order to make sure that the visitors of our blog will get the safest, fastest and 100% guaranteed iPhone Unlocking solution, so when it comes to Premium IMEI Unlocking for Blacklisted iPhones, it is wise to stick with one of these 3 iPhone Unlocking Companies:
4. How to sell a stolen iPhone after Carrier Unlocking it & other alternatives
If you are unlucky and live in the country where the stolen iPhone remains Blacklisted, don’t despair because there are alternatives!
- You can sell a stolen iPhone to a country where it isn’t blacklisted anymore by using an online market
- You can sell a stolen iPhone to a foreign student or a tourist.
- You can keep this SIM unlocked iPhone and use it when you travel abroad.
- You can give this iPhone as a present to a friend or family member who lives in another country.
The good thing when you sell a stolen iPhone which was properly unlocked with the iPhone unlocking options I showed you is that you will get the highest possible market value and this means that you will make enough money in order to cover a part of your loss or even earn a little something in the end!
You are more than welcome to ask me anything about iPhone Unlocking by leaving a comment below and please, from now on make sure that you won’t purchase a refurbished iPhone without checking it first! Take Care!