- 1 What are the available methods to Get Past Apple ID Lock?
- 2 Conclusion on How to Get Past Apple ID Lock
The Apple ID Lock or most commonly referred to as iCloud Activation Lock, is a problem mostly for second hand users. If you are the Original Owner and you want to get past Apple ID lock, things are pretty easy.
But, for second hand users (When someone buys a used iPhone), removing the Apple ID lock is impossible, since the Apple ID and Password are required (Information that only the Original Owner has).
We already created a very detailed tutorial on “How to Unlock iCloud Activation Lock” on iPhone, but this guide will be shorter and easier to understand.
What are the available methods to Get Past Apple ID Lock?
I have separated the iCloud Unlocking methods to three categories. The reason that I am also including the “iCloud Online Tools, Software & Services” category as an available method, is that I want to point out how dangerous they are (More on them later).
- Remove Apple ID Lock through Apple iCloud department
- Remove Apple ID Lock through Original/Previous Owner
- Remove Apple ID through iCloud Online Tools, Software & Services
The 1st & 2nd methods have been tested and had positive results, whereas the 3rd is a method you should avoid at all costs!
Get Past Apple ID Lock through Apple iCloud department
The Apple ID Lock removal procedure through Apple iCloud department is FREE, which is the reason why I am suggesting it first.
There are 12 steps in total that you need to follow, but if you can get past Apple ID Lock, it is time well spend (You can read here a more detailed iCloud removal tutorial)!
- Go to Apple’s Support website (https://getsupport.apple.com/)
- Find the Serial number of your iPhone and paste it to the appropriate field (Through your iPhone’s Settings)
- After your iPhone (Or other device) is recognized, click on the “Bring in for Repair” box
- Then, click on the “Service & Support“
- Then you need to pick your device – Click on the box that shows your device
- Click on the “iCloud, Facetime & Messages” box
- Pick the “The topic is not listed” option (That way you will be able to get connected with the iCloud department)
- Type “Apple ID Lock” and click on the “Continue” button
- I suggest picking the “Chat” box and not the “Call” box (It is up to you though!)
- Re type your device’s Serial number
- Fill out the information that they request (Full name, e-mail address and Apple ID [Optional])
- Wait for the Chat to open and explain them your situation
Most likely, the iCloud Apple department agent will ask you some information about your device, so be ready. Have close to you any purchase receipts or anything else related to your device.
If that method worked, then great!! If not, the “next stop” is through the Original Owner.
Get Past Apple ID Lock through Original/Previous owner
There is a dinstiction that I need to highlight here, since there is a common confusion that the person who sold you an iPhone (Or other device) is also the Original or even Previous Owner of that iPhone.
From my experience (and from our users) over 30%-40% of the total second hand iPhone sales are with devices that are Lost, Stolen or found. This is very dangerous, since not only you might end up buying a stolen device, but the seller will not be able to help you to get past Apple ID lock (Since he/she will not be the Original/Previous Owner).
In any case, if you did not already checked the iCloud status of your iPhone, it is time to perform an iCloud IMEI Check now.
Contacting the Original Owner is the right thing to do, regardless the status of that iPhone (CLEAN, Lost, Stolen or Erased), but the chances for convincing the Owner to remove the Apple ID Lock of a LOST/STOLEN/ERASED iPhone are very low.
The iPhones that are iCloud Locked but they have a CLEAN status, are easier to unlock, since the Original Owner most likely forgot to delete this device from his/her iCloud account.
The best approach for contacting the Original Owner is first through e-mail. You need to explain honestly your situation and arrange a phone call with him. Getting more personal is always better.
How to Contact the Original Owner?
I am sure that this was the question to your mind while you were reading the above paragraph … How the hell I will know the contact information of the Original Owner if he/she is not the one that sold it to me??
There are some services that can extract the contact information of the Original Owner, by using the IMEI & UDID number of an iPhone, those are called iCloud Finder ID services.
Those services are only working for specific Mobile Networks, such as AT&T USA, Sprint USA, T-Mobile USA & Verizon USA and their price ranges from $89 to $129. You can find a service from the following link, but make sure that your iPhone is or was activated to one of the above USA Networks before ordering it.
Get past Apple ID through iCloud Online Tools, Software & Services
The first time that I tried to find a solution to an Apple ID Locked iPhone, Google “proposed” me a bunch of Online iCloud Tools and a few Software.
I was tempted to use some of them, but thankfully I did not. After many hours of research it was very clear to me that ALL the tools and software were fake. None of them was working and many people got scammed.
Those shady companies are using fancy user interface and some “tech looking” codes that might confuse a non experienced user. They do not have access to iCloud databases and they cannot get past Apple ID Lock.
The most popular fake tool is the icloudlockremoval.us/tool, please read carefully about it from our detailed review.
Conclusion on How to Get Past Apple ID Lock
From the three solutions:
- The first one is the one you should try. It is FREE and it is 100% Legal.
- The second one, is also Legal, but you will have to find the Contact Information of the Original Owner (It is a paid service)
- The third, simply avoid it at all costs. Some tools are free, but they are full of viruses and malware (And they still do not work!)
Leave a comment below with your thoughts or if you have other solutions to propose for our users!
This post is all about:
- legal icloud unlocker (2)