What can you do when you forgot your iCloud Password? Right now, you can’t sign in to your iCloud account, the App Store or your MAC OS X.
Nowadays, everything Apple offers is linked with your Apple ID and this means that escaping one’s memory is a major issue.
Trying to guess your Apple ID password is not always a good idea but you can make a few attempts. But keep in mind that after multiple tries your iCloud Account will be disabled for security reasons.
- If the person who sold you the iCloud Locked iPhone is the original owner and forgot iCloud Password just send this post
- If you don’t know who is the original owner then skip to this iCloud Unlock Guide.
Then this article is exactly what you need because I will show you:
- The most common mistakes that might may you think that you forgot your Apple ID password
- How to reset your iCloud account and set a new password
Follow the steps below, before reading about some of the available iCloud password Hacks out there.
What to do when you forgot the iCloud Password
With so many email/social media/service/game/software/credit/debit/YouTube/site/(I could go on forever) accounts it is really easy to forget one of them!
In fact, you should constantly change your most important accounts’ password in order to avoid one of them getting compromised by a virus!
But what happens when you forgot Apple ID Password?
You are not the first and certainly not the last person on earth whose memory is failing him!
I also forgot my iCloud Password a few years back and despite the tricks that I will show you since then I keep a notebook with all the important passwords and use LastPass on my PC in order to avoid similar situations (the PC version is free).
What to check before you reset your iCloud password
First of all, keep calm! Maybe you didn’t forget your Apple ID Password after all.
If none of them seems to work, let’s continue and see how to recover your iCloud password!
iforgot Apple ID Password Reset Guide
We must accept that you forgot the password of your iCloud account! We will use iforgot.apple.com services to recover it!
- If you are using Safari go to appleid.apple.com
If you are on a PC go to iforgot.apple.com
- Fill in your Apple ID email address and continue
- Click on ”I need to reset my Password”
- There are 2 ways to confirm your identity to Apple:
- email Authentification
- Answering your Security Questions
1. iCloud Password Reset with email Authentication
Apple will send you an email to the backup account you have set when you created this Apple ID account! Keep in mind that you won’t be able to see which email address was, so go through all your email accounts and wait for it! Most times the email is sent instantly but it might take an hour! Be patient!
No matter what, you will receive the following email: How To Reset Your Apple ID Password
- Click on ”Reset Now” and enter your Apple ID.
- Enter your new Apple ID password and press confirm
- Finally, click on Reset Password
That’s it! You forgot your Apple ID Password but now you have a new one. Try not to let this new iCloud Password slip from your memory this time.
2. Apple ID Password Reset with Security Questions
If you have chosen to go for the Security Question System, then this is what you got to do.
- It is time to answer the security questions
- Enter Birth Date
- Answer the two security questions you had set when you had created this iCloud account
- Set a new iCloud password and confirm in the field below
- Select Reset Password
That’s it! You now have a fresh iCloud password and a fully functional Apple ID. Congrats.
Leave a comment below if you forgot your iCloud Password but you still can’t use iforgot apple. Until next time, take care!