Google is no more using the Exchange ActiveSync standard for CalDAV. Now, CardDAV is used for synchronizing Google contacts to iPhone. As expected, it brought about confusion among iPhone users. But no need to be bothered, as synchronizing Google Contacts to iPhone is still a fairly very simple task. Following are just few simple steps to sync your Google contacts to your iPhone.
By Adding Google Account:
- Start Settings app on your phone
- Go to Mail, then Contacts, and Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Choose Google.
- Enter your account info including your username, password, and email. Then, Tap Next.
- Ensure that the “Contacts” option is activated (green) and then tap Save.
By Adding CardDAV Account:
- Open Settings.app and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account and then Tap Other.
- Tap Add CardDAV Account and then provide your account info in the given fields
- Tap Next.
- Ensure that “Contacts” option is activated (green).
After that, sign in to any one setup, start the Contacts app from iPhone to initiate the syncing from Google to iPhone.
Although the above steps are quite simple, still some users may face some problems while synchronizing Google contacts to iPhone. In such cases, you need to do a bit troubleshooting to solve the issue. If you face any issue while attempting to sync Google Contacts to iPhone, you should carry out these troubleshooting techniques:
- Open the CardDAV account by taping Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and make sure that Contacts option is activated.
- If Account is already activated, tap Account > Advanced and turn on the Use SSL option.
- Ensure changes are saved by tapping Done button on the Account screen.
- If the problem is still not solved, then sign in to your Google account on the web where you may find an “Unusual sign-in location” option that is required to be approved.
After that, your problem will be solved and you will be able to successfully sync the Google contacts to your iPhone. However, if you are still facing some issues, let us know by commenting below.