iOS 11.4 was released a few days ago, with many and bug fixes. It is a piece of cake to download iOS 11.4 and I will show you how but what happens when you want to Carrier Unlock iOS 11.4 on your iPhone?
- Is it still possible to Network unlock an iPhone with the latest iOS version?
- What will you need in order to SIM Unlock your iPhone?
- Is there a way to know if a refurbished iPhone with iOS 11.4 is Carrier Locked?
- In which Carrier?
- Could it also be blacklisted or iCloud Locked?
All the answers are coming.
Downloading iOS 11.4. What’s new?
Don’t forget to backup your data to iCloud or iTunes, or both, before proceeding with any iOS software update. If by any chance you already updated to iOS 11.4 Beta version, don’t forget to go to Settings and remove the beta because you won’t be able to see the iOS 11.4 update. So, we are ready to download Apple’s latest firmware.
- Go to “Settings” app of your iPhone
- Open “General” and then “Software Update”
- You can see iOS 11.4, just press “Download & Install”
Wait for the automatic reboot and voila!
In case you are experiencing difficulties downloading iOS 11.4 from OTA there is always the IPSW firmware files option. Just choose your iPhone model and proceed.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5s
You can read more about iOS 11.4 and the new features (besides Messages in iCloud, AirPlay 2, and HomePod stereo pairing) in Apple’s iOS 11.4 info page or check out this awesome iOS 11.4 new features video by EverythingApplePro.
Can I Carrier Unlock an iOS 11.4 iPhone?
The answer is yes but it’s a not a question of iOS version anymore. Many people are confused about this due to the older SIM Unlock Software Method. This method required you to jailbreak your iPhone first, download an app store called Cydia and finally download a special software (like Ultrasn0w or RedSn0w) in order to network unlock your iPhone.
Among many restrictions, iOS version was the most critical because with every firmware update you had to repeat the whole process as long as a Jailbreak and Ultrasn0w were available for the latest iOS version. Anyway, iPhone Software Unlock Method was working until iOS 6.1.6 so SIM Unlocking iOS 11.4 with a similar method is out of the question.
Is there still a way to Carrier Unlock an iPhone with iOS 11.4?
Of course, there is but iPhone Unlocking nowadays is processed by Mobile Networks and requires a Full IMEI Check Report. Every Carrier has it’s own Unlock Policies but if SIM Lock is your only problem then you will be able to unlock it. Unfortunately, there is a number of issues besides SIM Lock that can make an iPhone useless. And what happens if you are thinking of buying a second-hand iPhone. How can you be sure about an iPhone’s overall status?
How to check if an iPhone with iOS 11.4 can be unlocked
As said, a full IMEI Check Report (aka GSX Check Report) provides you with all the data you need, straight from Apple’s GSX databases in order to find out if an iDevice can be unlocked or not, using only the iPhone’s IMEI Number (just dial *#06# with your phone app). Let’s take a look at what info you can gather from an IMEI Check Report.
- SIM-Lock Status
This info tells you if your iPhone is simlocked
- Network Identification
In order to Network unlock your iPhone you must know which Carrier locked it.
- Blacklist Status
When an iPhone is reported as lost, stolen, frauded or there are unpaid contract bills then the Mobile Network gets the iPhone blacklisted. This means that you can’t use the iPhone with any Carrier unless the reason it was blacklisted no longer occurs.
- Contract Status
If an iPhone remains under contract with a Carrier then there is always the danger of becoming blacklisted in case of not outstanding financial Balance.
- Warranty Status
As long as an iPhone is protected by Warranty there is always the risk of getting blacklisted if the original owner reports it as lost or stolen
- Replacement Status
There is a shady procedure of removing SIM Lock or Blacklist status by replacing the problematic iPhone’s motherboard with a new one. After a few weeks, Apple finds it out and marks the iPhone as Replaced and there is nothing more you can do. The iPhone IMEI Check Report will show you the Original & Current IMEI/Serial number of an iPhone and no one can scam you in buying a replaced refurbished iPhone
- iCloud Activation Lock Status
Maybe the most important info of IMEI Check Tool. When Find My iPhone is enabled, no one except the original owner can deactivate it and only in a few cases you can remove through Apple as long as the iPhone is CLEAN (Clean means the iPhone is not blacklisted).
Where can I check and SIM Unlock an iOS 11.4 iPhone?
There are a few paths you can follow and unlock any iPhone you want but the procedure is pretty much the same
- If you bought a new iPhone from a Mobile Network you can skip all these parts and get in touch with your Carrier.
- If you have to deal with a second hand iPhone, go to trusted sites like UnlockSpector and get your full IMEI Check Report. You can continue the unlock process on your own through the Carrier (since you now know that your iPhone CAN be unlocked) or let the iPhone experts do everything for you.
- On the other hand, there are companies that deal directly with the Mobile Networks for SIM Unlocking purposes like iPhoneUnlock.Zone but you can’t skip the IMEI Check. If you don’t have a verified IMEI Check Report they will start by getting you one.
Safe iOS 11.4 Carrier Unlocking is what you were looking for and I know you know the right way to do it successfully. Leave a comment below and I will be more than glad to help you further. Until next time, take care iPhone Unlockers.
This post is all about:
- https://ultrasnow us13 list-manage com/track/click?u=76ea45a115c2e5d06bfb21d11&id=27f2e86fcc&e=2b0c1097e4 (1)