iPhone 7 is still a very powerful device so unlocking it (Removing the Carrier Lock) is something you should definitely consider about. There are many Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 solutions and you can pick the one that best suits you.
The Carrier Unlock solutions will be slightly different if you are or are not the Owner of that iPhone 7.
- For iPhone 7 Original Owners
- Contact your Lock Carrier and ask them to unlock your iPhone 7
- For iPhone 7 NON-Original Owners
- Send a formal SIM-Lock Removal request to the Lock Carrier of your iPhone 7
If the above methods/requests get rejected, then you need to use a 3rd party iPhone Carrier Unlock service (or iPhone IMEI Unlock), which is a paid one.
Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 – Quick solution for Original Owners
If you are the Original owner of an iPhone 7, you will certainly know the following:
- Which Carrier is locking your iPhone 7
- If it is reported as Clean, Lost or Stolen from a Carrier
- If it still has Unpaid Bills with the Lock Network
- If it is still Under Contract (Or other Financial agreement)
The only thing that you need to do know, is to contact your Lock network, prove that you are the Original Owner of your iPhone 7 and ask them to start the Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 procedure.
If your iPhone 7 meets their requirements (You will have to check their Unlocking Policies and Terms & Conditions), you will be informed that your request has been accepted and within a few days (It might take a few minutes or a 3-5 business days) the Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 procedure will be completed.
After the completion of the unlock, you will be updated (Through an e-mail or a phone call) from your Carrier and you will be asked to make a full iOS restore through iTunes. That way, Apple’s GSX databases will get updated and your iPhone 7 will be recognized as UNLOCKED from all mobile networks worldwide!
If they reject your Carrier Unlock request, then the only solution is to pay a 3rd party iPhone Unlock provider and get your iPhone 7 Unlocked (You can check how to Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 through IMEI iPhone Unlock services at the bottom of this article).
Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 for NON-Original Owners
For NON-Original owners the procedure might seem similar, but it is definitely NOT! You need to pay attention to two extra steps, which will determine if the SIM-Lock removal request will be successful or not.
The first extra step, is to find all the information that an Original Owner would know:
- The Carrier that is currently Locking your iPhone 7
- The Blacklist Status of your iPhone 7 (CLEAN, LOST, STOLEN or FRAUD)
- The iCloud Status of your iPhone 7 (You need to be able to deactivate the “Find My iPhone” feature)
- The Financial & Contract Status of your iPhone 7
If you can get all the above information from the previous owner, then you are very lucky. If not, the only way to find a detailed and accurate iPhone IMEI Status is through an iPhone IMEI Check service (You can click on the link to receive an instant full IMEI Check report for your iPhone 7).
Once you receive the Network Lock information (In which network your iPhone 7 is locked to), you will be able to find the Unlock Policies and Terms & Conditions of that Carrier.
The second extra step, is to send a SIM-Lock Removal request to that Carrier, but have in mind of the following two things:
- SIM-Lock removal requests can be send only 1-2 times per year (Extra attempts will automatically get rejected)
- SIM-Lock removal requests should be send by using a Formal Template (Unfortunately it is being used only for internal use)
The only thing we know about the Formal templates, is that they should include the reason of your request, the current (And recent) iPhone IMEI status and justification of why your iPhone meets their requirements (A detailed report which lists all their requirements and why your iPhone 7 meets them).
This is a time consuming procedure, but for everything there is a service that will untie your hands!
You can read more about this on iPhoneUnlock.Zone’s SIM-Lock Deactivation request service (Highly recommended!).
If the above solution fails, then move to the next iPhone IMEI Unlock solution, since there are no other options left.
Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 with an iPhone IMEI Unlock service
The iPhone IMEI Unlock service was very popular a few years back, since Mobile Networks did not have to unlock their devices after their clients requested it. Now, they are obligated by the law to Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 requests (Actually for ANY iPhone model), but they are “fighting back” with vague and difficult to understand Unlocking policies and Terms & Conditions.
Anyhow, if a SIM-Lock removal request fails, the iPhone IMEI Unlock service is coming to save the day!
There are a couple of things you need to pay attention if you want a successful unlock:
- Full report of your iPhone (To know the Network Lock, Blacklist & Contract/Financial status)
- Which iPhone Unlock provider to use in order to have guaranteed results and service delivered
There are hundreds of iPhone IMEI Unlock providers and unfortunately, the majority of them will try to scam you.
Although there are also many iPhone Unlock providers that can Carrier Unlock iPhone 7 without any problems, our recommendation is iPhoneUnlock.Zone, since they are tested and checked numerous times by us.
Whichever method you are planning to use, it is very important to remember that the iPhone IMEI Check Report step is 100% crucial and important!