Since Apple is making iPhones, many assume that they are able to unlock them. But to what extent is Apple Unlock true?
Once we have clarified what exactly is a locked iPhone, we will see if and how Apple can unlock it and of course, what are our alternatives in each case.
What is a locked iPhone?
Because the term locked is very general, in this post we will talk about two types of iPhone locks.
1. The SIM lock
When it is ON, we can use SIM cards ONLY from the network that has locked it.
2. The iCloud lock
When enabled, we will be stuck on the Activation Lock screen. The iPhone is completely useless without the Apple ID and Password of the one who locked it.
An iPhone can be simultaneously SIM and iCloud locked. In any case, we must first remove the iCloud lock. As long as it remains active, the iPhone will not even work as a Wi-Fi device.
Can Apple unlock my iPhone when it’s iCloud Locked?
The answer is yes as long as the iCloud is locked with your own Apple ID and Password.
What should I do if I forgot my Apple ID?
Apple gives you several options to recover your Apple ID. The easiest, in my opinion, is this:
- Go to the Apple ID account page and select “Forgot your Apple ID or password”.
- Then click “If You Forgot Your Apple ID” and search for it.
- Enter your name, surname, and email address. There is no problem if you have a lot of email addresses but you can’t remember which one you used for your Apple ID. You can try them all.
What should I do if I forgot my Password?
Again, Apple offers many ways to remember your Apple ID Password. The easiest, in my opinion, is this:
Go to iforgot.apple.com. Give as much information as you can remember and start the account recovery waiting period. Although it may take a few days, you will solve the problem without the help of any app or setup process.
Will Apple iCloud unlock a used iPhone I bought if I have proof of purchase?
Until a couple of years ago, although Apple would not remove the iCloud Lock, they could bring you in contact with the original owner by following some procedures through Apple Support.
Always have the proof of purchase of a used iPhone at your disposal so that you don’t get in trouble. This is also to prove that the phone has not been stolen.
If you bought a used iCloud Locked iPhone, there’s no point in trying to unlock it via Apple.
Fortunately, there are third-party services that will unlock your device, but:
- None of this is free
- Your iPhone must be compatible with the Apple unlock service
- There are huge differences in price and success rate from provider to provider
- You will not get your money back if something goes wrong (eg choose the wrong service)
For these reasons I would suggest you get the iCloud Unlock Solutions 2020 from iPhoneUnlock.Zone.
With one click you will get access to the best services at the lowest price and above all,
your money is fully guaranteed.
Can Apple unlock my iPhone when it’s SIM Locked?
You can use an Apple Unlocked iPhone with any mobile network you want worldwide. But does Apple help with SIM unlocking it?
Apple never unlocks the SIM Lock of an iPhone, nor will they ever do so because they simply have nothing to do with it.
The networks are responsible for this and that is why they urge you to get in touch with your carrier instead.
Can I contact my Carrier to SIM Unlock my iPhone?
Yes, but they probably won’t be willing to help.
Each network has its own Apple unlock policy, but most certainly require the following to “release” your iPhone:
- The device must be SIM locked from the network you will be communicating with
- You usually have to be or have been their customer
- The iPhone should not be blacklisted
- There must be no unpaid bills or installments on the device (Read here how to unlock an iPhone with Unpaid Balances)
- The iPhone must have been activated with the network services for a certain period of time
- The device must not be linked to someone else’s carrier account
These are the basic requirements of any network and unfortunately, there are more.
Basically, Apple iPhone Unlock through the network is only possible if you are the original owner. Of course, even then the unlocking policies networks use are made in such a way that it is quite difficult to do so.
Whether you are the original owner or just bought a used iPhone, the solution comes from third-party Apple Unlock services.
How to get the third-party Apple Unlock Service I need?
There are countless third-party services but beware. As I explained in great detail on how to unlock a Straight Talk iPhone:
- We are only looking for Apple iPhone Unlock Services known as IMEI Unlock. Nothing else is going to work.
- We need to make sure that the iPhone we want to unlock is compatible
- We need to make sure that we are buying the right service and not some pre-order
- There are huge price and success rate differences from one unlock provider to the other and of course, we always want a guaranteed service
Depending on the overall condition of an iPhone as described in the unlock policies, we need a specific type of IMEI Unlock service.
For example, if the iPhone is blacklisted you will need a different service from the one you would otherwise use. The same goes for unpaid bills and so on.
For these reasons and because the SIM Lock is way more complicated than iCloud Lock, I would suggest you get a Complete iPhone IMEI Unlock Check service from iPhoneUnlock.Zone.
With one click you will reveal all issues of your iPhone and gain access to the best and fully guaranteed IMEI Apple Unlock services at the lowest prices.