I was one of those that believed that nothing can happen to my Apple device’s contacts, photos and data. Until one day it just did. Don’t waste any time and learn how to back up your iPhone and it’s contents. In this way you will be protected from any worst case scenario!
Back Up Your iPhone now, before it is too late!
It’s really easy to Back Up Your iPhone so don’t let something so important for later! The money that you spent when you bought your brand new Apple device isn’t the case here. All the photos, important documents, and any other form of data that is precious to you and you only can be lost in a sec. So let’s see what are your options and how you can Back Up Your iPhone.
Back up Your iPhone by Creating an iCloud backup
In my opinion there’s nothing easier than Back Up Your iPhone’s data using Apple’s iCloud service.
Every Apple ID has available 5GB of storage space. Store your contacts, notes, iCloud documents and photo library, bookmarks, calendars and mail messages. If you find the storage capacity short for your needs you can always enlarge it. Apple offers 50GB, 200GB and 1TB storage space for a small fee per month.
The best way to Back Up your iPhone is using iCloud and iTunes together, to cover every threat possible (we will talk about that later)
So to use iCloud backup you need an iCloud account. Most of the times iCloud account is created with the first set up of your device.
Now it’s time to Back Up Your iPhone:
- Go to ”Settings”
- Choose ”iCloud”
- Tap ”Backup”
- You are now seeing the option enable iCloud Backup
You are done! I told you it is a piece of cake. Now that you Back Up your iPhone, iCloud Backup will run in the background and automatically take care of your data (as long as an internet connection is established).
Back up your iPhone Using your PC and iTunes
It is nice to back up your iPhone’s data on an out of reach internet cloud but making a local backup using iTunes is crucial. iCloud Backup it’s ok
but with iTunes you can have a complete backup at a storage place of your selection. How?
- Plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac
- Look in the top left corner, a small icon of a phone appears. Click it!
- Now you are seeing the menu for your device
- Select Summary in the left-hand column
- Now there are only three boxes left. Choose the middle one with the title Backups
- Choose between Automatic and Manual BackUp
- With Automatic Backup everytime you connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac it will directly create a new backup to iCloud. You can also choose to back up your iPhone on your PC using the ”This computer” option and keep everything in your personal hardware.
- With Manual Backup the same things happen manually so things might take longer but you will be able to ignore data that you don’t want to be included as you Back Up Your iPhone!
Beware because The iTunes backup doesn’t make extra copies of any media files. So films, music and apps bought from iTunes will need to be downloaded again from the site or your PC.
Finally you can see the Restore from Backup button. Use it when you want to reinstall everything after replacing your iPhone.
What happens if you Back Up your iPhone and forget your iCloud account?
Now that you are convinced to Back Up your iPhone, you understand that you have to remember your iCloud acount. So forgetting it means that all your data are lost forever in an Apple’s server?
And that’s only the one side of the coin. Many people buy second-hand iPhones and then they realize the iCloud Lock is on.
Don’t panic. There are always the right services to unlock your iPhone.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: